• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tru-Vis Third Party Inks...?

mc1976

Is there a quality supplier of third party inks for the new Roland tru-vis printers or am I doomed to the factory ink prices?

flyplainsdrifta

dude if youre spending 10000+ on a new printer, i wouldnt go 3rd party till you run your warranty out. ive heard stories of techs not touching a machine due to 3rd party inks being in it. that being said, the second the warranty runs, get a bulk system. will save loads in the long run. love mine currently.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know how 3rd party. inks stack up to original epson in fade resistance?

i would like to find someone with a carbon arc equipped "fade cabinet" to evaluate various ink/laminate combinations

petepaz

i have an xc-540 that we've had 14 or 15 yrs and i use 3rd party inks in that. they are a nazdar brand. nazdar makes ink, that's what they do so i trust them. (we have been buying silk screen ink from them for over 30 yrs that i know of.) we also have an xc-640, lej 640 and the truvis all of which we use the oem inks. have you shopped around the oem inks and or asked the sales rep for a better deal? with that said how much work are you losing because of the price of the ink? especially in the truvis. we print a lot of stuff, mostly short run items but we get some long run jobs here and there and i don't buy a ton of ink. also i am figuring the ink cost in the job so it's covered. i am pretty sure i am not losing jobs because of what i figure for ink cost. also like someone mentioned you will void your warranty so i would at least wait till that's up before putting 3rd party ink in it

premiercolour

Merchant Member
i have an xc-540 that we've had 14 or 15 yrs and i use 3rd party inks in that. they are a nazdar brand. nazdar makes ink, that's what they do so i trust them. (we have been buying silk screen ink from them for over 30 yrs that i know of.) we also have an xc-640, lej 640 and the truvis all of which we use the oem inks. have you shopped around the oem inks and or asked the sales rep for a better deal? with that said how much work are you losing because of the price of the ink? especially in the truvis. we print a lot of stuff, mostly short run items but we get some long run jobs here and there and i don't buy a ton of ink. also i am figuring the ink cost in the job so it's covered. i am pretty sure i am not losing jobs because of what i figure for ink cost. also like someone mentioned you will void your warranty so i would at least wait till that's up before putting 3rd party ink in it

Pete,

Depends on the servicing dealer you are working with. Yes you might lose Roland warranty by switching to third party ink. We work with Jetbest ink from Taiwan. We do sell compatible Jetbest ink to a Roland dealer and they resell to their customers. Absolutely reliable, stable product.

https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...best-500-ink-bag-for-roland-vs300-vg540-vg640