• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help TrueVis Printing On Orafol 3751 Looks Terrible...

player

I has a breakdown and went to another shop to get the job printed. I brought over a brand new unopened roll of 3751ra and the ink was really terrible looking. When he ran it on his cheap vinyl it looked great. Is there a compatibility issue with the 3751 and truevis ink? We tried the Orafol profile, as well as the Roland generic and they both had the mottled, almost dry look to the prints.

Thanks

Mainframe

I just ran some 3751ra and the prints look fabulous, plain generic vw profile, tried with the print head on low and high, no problem at all.

VG 540 TRUEVis

Not sure what is going on, did they lam it with matte lam maybe?

player

I just ran some 3751ra and the prints look fabulous, plain generic vw profile, tried with the print head on low and high, no problem at all.

VG 540 TRUEVis

Not sure what is going on, did they lam it with matte lam maybe?
No this was how it came out right away off the printer. I was there working on it with the owner and it was just screwed up...

Forrest Signs

I has a breakdown and went to another shop to get the job printed. I brought over a brand new unopened roll of 3751ra and the ink was really terrible looking. When he ran it on his cheap vinyl it looked great. Is there a compatibility issue with the 3751 and truevis ink? We tried the Orafol profile, as well as the Roland generic and they both had the mottled, almost dry look to the prints.

Thanks
You have a bad roll of vinyl we have gotten 5 or 6 in the past year. Get a hold of aoracal and they will overnight you a new roll.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could be a simple as a profile issues as well. The other shop always prints on his vinyl and dialed it in throughout the years. If he has never used the Oracal product, he has had no time to dial in the settings.

player

It could be a simple as a profile issues as well. The other shop always prints on his vinyl and dialed it in throughout the years. If he has never used the Oracal product, he has had no time to dial in the settings.
Well we got the 3751 profile off the web for the printer, and tried a number of heat settings. Also tried some other profiles he had found to be perfect on everything. There was just too much wrong with it.

I contacted Orafol tech support. They asked me to email photos, the invoice and the lot numbers. Without question they authorized replacement rolls. I will be getting them tomorrow. Excellent service from Orafol.

strypguy

I love Orafol products but have never had good luck with 3751. About every other roll I ordered was bad. John

player

So they sent me 2 rolls of 3951 and they are worse. It's like there is wax or silicone on the vinyl.