• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help TruVis VG-540 Print Issue

Dr. Decal

Hello everyone,

I am running a Roland TruVis VG-540. RIP is Versaworks Dual 1.3.1.

I have a very large order I'm working on, and can't get the print quality up to where I want it.

My test print is perfect. I have with through the Bi-Directional detailed and simple calibrations. I have went through the regular calibration. My tech has came in and adjusted calibration. Everything seems to be set there.

These were printed on the roland print profile for General Formulation 208 Static Cling, which is the media it is on. The magenta drop shadow is on any media I print. I'm also getting very fuzzy fine print.

Two of these photos were taken through a loupe. The third is under regular magnification.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2858.JPG
    IMG_2858.JPG
    688.3 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_2859.JPG
    IMG_2859.JPG
    659.9 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_2856.JPG
    IMG_2856.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 384

Joe House

Also a picture of the nozzle test print would help. Your description that it's perfect is pretty subjective unless you know enough to not have to post this question.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dr. Decal

The print head was printing horizontal on both of the original photos. I have attached a photo here of my nozzle test. I consider it perfect, when there are no missing or deflecting nozzles.
My tech's supervisor just came in and double checked all of my alignments and calibrations. He also ran some service mode tests and calibrations, with no change whatsoever.

Attachments

• IMG_2860.JPG
    IMG_2860.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 454

Dr. Decal

All of the calibration tests are set to what they should be. This machine has had 3 print heads replaced. I am thinking that maybe the replaced heads are physically out of alignment, but that should still show in the test prints.

papabud

Lone Wolf
from what you say the machine should be running pretty decently.
how small is that type. what type of file are you using. could it be software driven issue

Dr. Decal

That particular type in the photo is very small, however I'm getting this "magenta drop shadow" on every print no matter the size. On large prints, it is less noticable, but still there.
I am printing from .pdf files.
The undesired effect is present across all prints, on all media, on any profile. That tells me that it is a calibration problem, but the tech is here now with my machine disassembled. All calibration test prints are showing what they should be (according to tech) and it's still printing with a magenta drop shadow.

Joe House

It looks to me that head 1 needs to be reseated. Or that the carriage may have a problem. If this were an older printer, I would recommend that the bias adjustment needs to be done, but the VG doesn't have this adjustment.
Also, on this material, the feed calibration is slightly high, but I don't think this is affecting the magenta overspray.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Hello everyone,

I am running a Roland TruVis VG-540. RIP is Versaworks Dual 1.3.1.

I have a very large order I'm working on, and can't get the print quality up to where I want it.

My test print is perfect. I have with through the Bi-Directional detailed and simple calibrations. I have went through the regular calibration. My tech has came in and adjusted calibration. Everything seems to be set there.

These were printed on the roland print profile for General Formulation 208 Static Cling, which is the media it is on. The magenta drop shadow is on any media I print. I'm also getting very fuzzy fine print.

Two of these photos were taken through a loupe. The third is under regular magnification.

Any help is appreciated.

Dr. Decal

The issue was corrected by the tech. However, when we tried to test it (with the tech here), the machine flashed red with an error code. We had lost two print heads. *This makes 5 total in just over a year. The two new heads came in yesterday and were installed, and one of the new ones wouldn't produce a solid test print. Soooo, print head number 6 should be here today, but the tech had another install and can't be here til this afternoon. At this point I should have taken this week off.

Robert M

Can't figure out why people are buying these new Roland printers, they are slow and overpriced. Check out Mimaki printers, 3x faster and they come with an auto take up.

henryz

Robert, which model Mimaki do you have, we had the JV3 and that ran superb. We currently run a HP but is only ok.