• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

try to identify material.

jyl

anyone know what material is this?

Thank you

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 90

artbot

looks like foam with aluminum tops for the big. possibly white acrylic for the bottom. the bottom looks a bit reflective.

John Butto

The big ones are gloss white painted aluminum returns with flat acrylic or metal faces because you can see the reflection of the smaller letters on the bottom of the large "E". Small bottom ones are either pvc or matt white acrylic.

petepaz

the smaller bottom letters could be cut alum and painted. i have worked with them as think as 1/2 in.
don't think the larger ones are foam because the gloss finish with the reflection like john said, usually if they are foam it is a flat finish(at least the ones i have worked with)

Letterbox Mike

The big ones are gloss white painted aluminum returns with flat acrylic or metal faces because you can see the reflection of the smaller letters on the bottom of the large "E". Small bottom ones are either pvc or matt white acrylic.

This, the big letters sure look like fabricated aluminum to me, those returns are too glossy and smooth to be foam unless someone spend an awful lot of time prepping and sanding it before painting.

J Hill Designs

yeah didnt notice the reflection on the bottom, and I guess photo grain is what I see instead of pourosity - reverse pan channel and 1/4" - 3/8" FCO acrylic