• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Trying to decide on a UV Flatbed

Portlandhead

I am trying to decide on a new flatbed. The two I am between are the Fuji Acuity Select (Oce Arizona) and the Anapurna 2540i. The quotes I have from the two providers are within a couple $K so I wanted to know if anyone out there has had experience with both as a real world comparison. I know everyone loves the machines they currently have and will want to tell me to get some other brand but the question is between these two only. I'm not looking to get any more quotes on machines from others, I have plenty now. Does anyone want to share their take on these two machines? Please and Thank you!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You indicate that you already have a flatbed. What kind is it, if I may ??

Portlandhead

A very, very old (wait for it) DuPont Cromaprint 22UV. Yes it still prints, and pretty good all things considered, no it's not fast. We don't really do much with it right now, haven't in a long time. We are now looking to change some of the workflow we currently have and also move back toward the products we used to offer back when that machine was new.

WalkerP

What are you wanting to print on? I have experience with both. You can PM me if you want specifics.

Portlandhead

What are you wanting to print on? I have experience with both. You can PM me if you want specifics.

We print on Loads of material. Sintra, Acrylic, PET, Styrene, Foam Board, Corroplast, Aluminum, Corian, Wood, Slate, etc. We aren't a disposable sign type shop. We do loads of ADA/Wayfinding and Donor Recognition as our main line, wraps and digital prints as a secondary.

jessica conard

Funny I too am trying to decide between Fugi Acuity HS6 Cchannel and Anapurna 2540i flatbed. I currently have no flatbed just some roll to rolls. I am wondering about service on machines? I will be working with sintra, acrylic, coroplast ,and ultra plus materials.