• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to find a decent t-shirt!!!

Signsforwhile

I don't know if I'm asking for too much out of some apparel.

I like everyone in the shop to have some sort of company apparel but I've been having trouble finding a decent t-shirt or even sweatshirt that washed well. Biggest gripe has been with shirts and sweatshirts shrinking in length. So basically end up with a decent amount of plumbers crack around here...

So far I've used

American apparel
Gildan 2000
Jerzees
Champion

For sweatshirts have only used Gildan lightweight, and no matter what color or size seems like they all shrunk length wise pretty quickly.

The only reason I had tried champion t-s is because I used their long sleeved ones last winter and they seemed to last relatively long....but they're getting tossed after only 3 months of wear.

Am I expecting too much out of work wear? Don't have enough people to use a uniform service, and I like the look of the screen printed stuff because all of the pieces can be identical.

Any input appreciated before I go and blindly order another brand of shirts that will just end up dissapointing me all over again!!

:thankyou:

Flame

Go 50/50. I've had great luck with just basic Port and Company 50/50 shirts. They breathe better, don't stick to you when it gets hot out, and have VERY minimal shrinkage.

Pro Image

Wash the shirts in cold water and air dry them and they wont shrink.........Gildan and Jersey 50/50 kick *** and Ive never had a customer complain about shrinking.....

WCSign

IMO alstyle 1301's are the nicest shirts out.. they have talls also, (1301 c I think)

I wear them daily, use them for my brands shirts and they are used by the few other brands that I wear as well

OlsonSigns601

I guess wearing 50/50 is a matter of opinion.

I think they feel itchy and they also wear much faster than a cotton shirt will.

They also will get fuzz balls on them after wash after wash.

Had a guy doing welding on a 50/50 I sold him, the spark from welding melted the shirt and put tiny holes all over the shirt. (he still wears it but that's just his style)

I order Gilden 2000 and I suggest if you were an XL, buy a 2XL

TheSnowman

I only order Gildan Ultra Cotton, however, I don't dry mine in the dryer ever...all our shirts at our house hang dry, so I don't know how they do with that. Lots of people seem to like them...but I suppose like anything you put in the dryer, they'll shrink over time.

Graphics2u

The bulk of my shirt sales are Gildan 2000. I really don't have many complaints on shrinking. Personally I think all regular sized T-shirts are too short to start with. So any shrikage will oonly make it worse. Much of it has to do with peoples washing and drying habits.

I started using Badger 4120 B-Dry T-shirts for our shop apparel this year and I really like them. They are longer to start with 100% Polyester so shrinking isn't a problem. And they really are much cooler than a 50/50. But you will pay more.

For Hoodies We nearly exclusively use Gildan, mainly the 18000 series. We use some of the heavier 12000 series also but most people don't want a hoodie that heavy unless they are really wearing it for added warmth.

Wash the shirts in cold water and air dry them and they wont shrink.........Gildan and Jersey 50/50 kick *** and Ive never had a customer complain about shrinking.....

I do this with some of my delicate golf shirts, but if I have to do it with t-shirts and hoodies, what's the point? Too big of a PITA, IMO.

Rudy

Go 50/50. I've had great luck with just basic Port and Company 50/50 shirts. They breathe better, don't stick to you when it gets hot out, and have VERY minimal shrinkage.
I find that they actually fit nicer too, not as boxy and sloppy as the gildans.
Port & Co for me.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Ditto on the port 50/50, thats or recommendation for our customers.