• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to get my Summa to cut from the usb port via Signlab...Help!!!

gabagoo

I usually cut to my Graphtec, but this morning the black rubber on the lowest pinch wheel is somehow come loose and I will be waiting some time for a replacement part.

I decided to hook my Signlab up to my Summa d140 plotter. I hooked up through usb to a strange port on the back of the summa that sort of looks like a printer input that I have seen on small tabletop inkjets. I am not sure what that port is called and can't seem to get Signlab to see the plotter. I tried usb1 usb 2 but nothing happens... The info gets sent but the Summa does not cut. A few years back I tried this method off a laptop and it worked, so I am not sure what I have done wrong here. any suggestions?

timgo

Graphics Designer
Start SignLab, follow instructions:

Open: Cut | Plotting defaults | Selected driver (SELECT YOUR CUT\PRINTER) | Port | Port location (SELECT LOCATION)

gabagoo

yes did that but not sure what port it actually is... I can hook the summa up through a serial port I guess...that will be my next option

gabagoo

OK got it work under com4...now the opus reader thinks it is needed to cut....How do I bypass that?

gabagoo

yea tried that but it won't lock in and goes back to knife only...I also realize that the driver is a usb driver but I seem to be able to get it to communicate using the com4 port. I took the pinch roller off the graphtec and am now running it with 2 pinch rollers and it seems to be working for now. Still like the idea of getting the Summa to work for just these circumstances. Going to try winplot

timgo

Graphics Designer
Connect your usb cutter cable,
1- Start SignLab and open, File | Install | cutting Device to install your driver again. Run signlab and select USB PORT.

if not working.

2- uninstall SignLab and install it again

gabagoo

screw it...this winplot seems to work although it is very simple and has very little options. For cutting straight forward vinyl it works...slow though processing curve data