• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to install Gerber Omega 1.56 on a new computer. HELP, please!!!

atkinsonsigns

Sentinel driver will not recognize parallel port for security dongle. I know I should upgrade, but don't have the money to spend at this time. Not sure what to do next.

THanks!
Debbie Atkinson

Jillbeans

Hi Debbie.
That is a really old version of Omega.
I don't think it's supported beyond Windows XP.
(believe me, I am no computer expert)
Welcome from PA.
Love....Jill

brdesign

The last time I installed Omega 1.56 on an Xp computer I had the same problem. I had to manually reconfigure the port settings so Omega would recognize the dongle. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly how I did it, it took about an hour of trial and error.

J Hill Designs

1.56 on xp here...no issues...cant remember if I had problems during the 3 or 4 times I installed it...

I cant remember what its called (ecp?) but you have to set it to 'no' to read the dongle

FrankW

With such installations several problems can appear, for example incompatibility of the HASP-Driver (you can download a suitable driver from http://www.hasp.com ), what happens specially with XP Service Pack 3, or a problem with the Parallel-Port (specially LPT-Ports on Cards are often reason for trouble).

Marlene

I didn't think it would run on XP only windows 2000. I know I upgraded years ago when we bought a new computer that was running xp at the time