• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to match a grey and still keep a vivid red... please help

max

morning everyone.....
was hoping someone out there that is more knowledgeable than me at color matching could straighten me out on this problem.
i am printing a sign that has a neutral grey which i can get good results by adjusting my linearization in production manager by lowering my c,m,y to around the 30's. however when i do that it kills my red that is also in the print making it look washed out and orange. is there a magical technique to getting both of these coolors right in the same print??? i know absolutely nothing about spot colors... is that where the answer lies?
thanks sooo much for any guidance no this

You need to make a custom profile for the media you are printing on. Your having issues with your 3 color grays and you compensate in your RIP to bring it into balance then it is going to affect all of the other colors in the file.

max

yes i do believe you are right.... unfortunately i am blind when it comes to creating profiles. guess i may just have to use some red cut vinyl in the red areas. thanks so much for your help though

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Grays are bitchy no matter what you do.There's a couple of quick things to try depending on whatever profile you might be using...

1. Set your rendering intents to "No Color Correction" for everything except bitmaps. Set bitmaps to "Perceptual". See what that does for you.

Or 2. Convert the entire image to an RGB bitmap and print it with the rendering intent for bitmaps set to "Perceptual". Send the RGB image, do not convert it to CMYK. This will usually give you a 'what you see is what you get' output.

LittleSnakey

Try going to color settings, then click rendering intent tab, then go to the pure hue, the select black and white. This is in the product manager output settings.
It can mess with other colors but can make nice greys.
morning everyone.....
was hoping someone out there that is more knowledgeable than me at color matching could straighten me out on this problem.
i am printing a sign that has a neutral grey which i can get good results by adjusting my linearization in production manager by lowering my c,m,y to around the 30's. however when i do that it kills my red that is also in the print making it look washed out and orange. is there a magical technique to getting both of these coolors right in the same print??? i know absolutely nothing about spot colors... is that where the answer lies?
thanks sooo much for any guidance no this