• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to mill halfway through 1 inch PVC on a Kongsberg

M@CK

Hey gang, I'm trying to make a countersink on a one inch PVC, and I cant seam to figure out how to make the router not got all that way trough the material. I tried specifying a thiner material, but that machine automatic measurement is overriding me. Here are the settings I'm using:
Anny help greatly appreciated.

Here are my settings:

M@CK

Your depth is 0?
Yep it was ! so changing the depth to say .5 inch will cause the machine to only cut to half an inch ?
The tech that "trained" me told me this was if your tool height isn't low enough you can go in the minus here and fake a deeper cut.

Christian @ 2CT Media

-12 or -12.2 in your depth field will do what you want.

Caliper your pvc as mm then divide by 2 and make it a negative number. Positive will push it in to the table or spoilboard. The icon shows you negative is off the surface and positive is into the surface.

Last edited:

DaveD

Hey gang, I'm trying to make a countersink on a one inch PVC, and I cant seam to figure out how to make the router not got all that way trough the material. I tried specifying a thiner material, but that machine automatic measurement is overriding me. Here are the settings I'm using:
Anny help greatly appreciated.

Here are my settings:
What Kongsberg machine are you running? Can I pick your brain on it?

M@CK

What Kongsberg machine are you running? Can I pick your brain on it?
Hey DaveD !!!! Sorry i dint see your post sooner ! its an i-XL24 and bee my guest, ask away, If I cant answer maybe an other member can.

Last edited: