• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to rebuild VJ-1324 head

Subysti

I have a VJ-1324 to start. Its old, I got it used and may not have been maintained the best. So it seems I've lost a lot of the black output in my head. Getting banding. It was bad before but I think I killed it by trying to manually flush it. When doing a nozzle check, one block of black prints somewhat OK but the 2nd is not there. I may have blown out the baffle? I bought all new baffles but I have a couple questions. First does someone know what the correct layout is as to where each color line goes? After seeing what new baffles look like I would think the 2 lines for each color should be next to each other but some are not so that's confusing. Also, how do I get the baffles out? I can get the whole head assembly out but the top cap that's on top of the baffles doesn't seem to just come off. Any help would be great!! thanks

Plottermike

Let us see some photos...

Did you check the maintenance station? especially - are the tubes down to the waste free? not clogged?

Subysti

I did find the maintenance station tubes were clogged. I cleaned them and it helped with all the colors except black. I think I blew out a baffle trying to manually clean it. So now I want to replace all the bafffles

Attachments

• 0B54A47E-C5FE-4B75-B2B5-A369E1D9BBE4.jpeg
    0B54A47E-C5FE-4B75-B2B5-A369E1D9BBE4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 163
  • 6ADF4441-2C2D-48A1-989C-6189451E6B3E.jpeg
    6ADF4441-2C2D-48A1-989C-6189451E6B3E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Color order as seen from above:

KCCY
KYMM

What did you flush the head with?

Also, baffles is such a New England term haha. I'm not making fun of you just haven't been home in a while and it caught me off guard. We call them dampers for the most part. You have to remove the the ink lines from the dampers first. Then there is a cover over the dampers and it should pop off if you un-clip the clips on each side. Usually you have to un-clip them at the same time and then pull up. Once the cover is off you just pull straight up on each damper and it should pop out.

Subysti

Thanks for the reply. Yea sorry dampers oops. I tried just using alcohol to flush the head But that didn't work. I did get 4 solvent cleaning cartridges but haven't use them yet as I'm on Vaca right now. I tried removing the top clip but it looked as though the tops of the dampers were too big and holding it down.

Subysti

OK so i used proper cleaning solution and replaced the dampers. Seem like all is well except for some reason the reds now dropped out. Maybe just another charge? Also all my blacks seem to be printing with a green hue. I think thats the color profile? I turned off color correction in flexi and all the banding went away and print was great quality wise except all the black looked bright green then.