• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant tshirts

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
About every 2 weeks to a month, I get an email requesting a bulk order of shirts. Usually 1000 to 1500 shirts.
I have a couple of questions regarding this email request:

1 - DOES ANYONE EVER FALL FOR THIS SCAM?!

2 - Do you have creative ways to laugh at them when you get these requests?

If I have time, I usually make them call me on the phone and then I tell them an astronomical price and tell them it's only in cash.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There are so many scams out there in this industry and so many other areas, too. The other night, at home, someone called and said, they'd like to get me to go with them to remortgage my house and would I be interested in reducing my interest and payments. I said, aw shucks, I just sold all 9 of my properties. I don't have any mortgage payments anymore. They said, alright, then we'll remove you from our lst. ))))

Eforcer

I love getting these. I spend time wasting theirs. For me it's just a way for me to play games. I lead them on all the way to payments. Then they rudely give up on me. They get annoyed that I waste their time I guess

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I love getting these. I spend time wasting theirs. For me it's just a way for me to play games. I lead them on all the way to payments. Then they rudely give up on me. They get annoyed that I waste their time I guess
oh. tell me what you do! I'm getting tired of my game.

I make them call me. Then I tell them how much it will cost (1500 shirts x 10 a shirt PLUS TAX). Then I tell them I will need them to come in and bring cash and there are no refunds. I won't order the shirts until they come in and bring me the money. They hang up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya hafta have fun and make them feel disgusted or it's no use.

• Tell them you're sick and have diarrhea and then make a loud groan and hang up.
  • Tell them no one lives here by that name.
  • Ask if they can call you back.
  • Tell them you're in the middle of having sex and be very explicit.
  • Tell them the person they wanna talk to just died a few minutes ago.
  • Start jabbering and not really using any real words, but sound like you're talking in another language..... kinda like they do most of the time.
  • Start by asking them their name, address and contact information in order to make a formal quote.
  • Tell them you're the janitor and no one's there to answer any questions, but you know this place is very very expensive and give them your competitors number.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
In the UK it was general practice for a while (haven’t tried it for a while) for companies to not allow employees to hang up on people. Deemed rude etc. So any time I’d get a cold call that I deemed as nonsense I’d put them on hold.

Did I mention that putting them on hold entailed me putting it next to my Alexa device and asking it to play Vanilla ice on repeat?