• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two more

SignManiac

Finished these two up over the past two weeks along with a bunch of other knock out work.

Attachments

• Skate Park.jpg
    Skate Park.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Tampa Bay Football Club.jpg
    Tampa Bay Football Club.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 127

Sign Works

You put something nice like that up around here and the worthless vandals will have it destroyed within 48 hours.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Must be nice to be somewhere this time of year where you do not have to jackhammer every hole.

Nice work.

SignManiac

Hoping they will appreciate the new Team Pain ultra awesome skate park the city put in. It will have security cameras and is all fenced in and locked after hours. I donated the sign and many other business' in the community donated to the cause including the Tony Hawk Foundation.

SignManiac

Mosh, a bunch of really heavy 6"x6" PT lumber on both signs.
Skate park is 3/4" PVC letters mounted on 1/4" ACM, attached to another layer PVC for the background.
Skater silhouette is also 1/4" black ACM mounted on stand offs. City logo is digital print clear coated on ACM panel.

Football club is digital print on 4" thick framed ACM. It's a double face sign. Just a bunch of different stuff thrown together.

Craig Sjoquist

I really like the skate park sign, excellent image & the football one wow outstanding

The area you serve is really lucky to have ya around

This is a novice question but when you build a sign with multiple posts lined up in a configuration like these, how do you go about it? Do you only sink a couple posts and lag screw the rest together in a configuration similar to what I have rendered in the attached image, or is it done some other way? Also, I've seen some signs that look like dowel rods are driven through the posts, or are these just plugs to cap off lag screws/bolts?

In 4 years, I've yet to build a sign like this, but I would definitely like some insight into the method of construction as I think using more than 2 posts certainly has a much classier appearance.

Attachments

• sign build copy.jpg
    sign build copy.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 132

SignManiac

This is a novice question but when you build a sign with multiple posts lined up in a configuration like these, how do you go about it? Do you only sink a couple posts and lag screw the rest together in a configuration similar to what I have rendered in the attached image, or is it done some other way? Also, I've seen some signs that look like dowel rods are driven through the posts, or are these just plugs to cap off lag screws/bolts?

In 4 years, I've yet to build a sign like this, but I would definitely like some insight into the method of construction as I think using more than 2 posts certainly has a much classier appearance.

You are years wiser than your years belie, dead correct in your assumption of my fabrication method grasshopper :) Actually added the outside post on site while doing the install. Everything was predrilled ahead of time. So it went together very fast.

You are years wiser than your years belie, dead correct in your assumption of my fabrication method grasshopper :) Actually added the outside post on site while doing the install. Everything was predrilled ahead of time. So it went together very fast.

I kind of figured that had to be about the easiest and best way to do it. Thank you for the information. My gears are already turning with fresh ideas to try. Learning some of these techniques will help me to think outside the box and get more creative with my design proposals.

Beautiful signs, by the way.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
They look great! What do you put on the post's to get that beautiful aged, weathered look?