• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two part removable label - decal

GB2

Old Member
I am looking for a two part removable label - decal. This label is adhered to something like a package or sometimes the front page of your newspaper and then it peals off without any residue, leaving behind a thin clear layer that it still adhered to the original surface. It is usually printed in the form of a coupon or redeemable tag or something like that and would be produced in rolls.I would like to be able to produce these in house so I'd like to figure out the production method, find the equipment and find a source of the two part material to print on. In the interim, or if the equipment is prohibitively expensive, I'd also like to find a source for subbing out this work. I've been to some trade shows in the last two years that I believe I saw such equipment but of course I can't remember now who or what it was since I wasn't interested at the time. Can anybody give me some direction on this?

Two labels in one

A Gerber Edge system can make quick work of a piggy-back label. Print on a permanent vinyl or polyester, then laminate with a removable vinyl or poly, then print on it again. The Gerber system is indexed with sprockets, which makes registration for the second pass of printing on the laminate very easy. You can then kiss cut, back cut, tab cut, roll slit, or die cut when you are finished printing. Just give us a call if you want to learn more about the costs.

Thank you,
Doug Goodloe

GB2

Old Member
I appreciate the thought but this is not a Gerber Edge product. I believe it is a two part media to start with that you print directly on and not something that you laminate yourself, although I could be mistaken about that. The first layer is a thin clear layer with permanent adhesive that is not printed, then on top of that is a white layer which is printed and ultimately is removable and has no adhesive residue when removed. I forgot to mention that I also need 4 color printing and a freezer grade adhesive material. Now, the term piggyback label is a great hint and has opened a number of doors for me in my search, so thank you for that!

TXsignguy

I think these are called IRC's. Have you found a way of doing these in house? We get requests for these from time to time and sub them out. They are usually flexo printed. Does anyone know how to do these with a wide format printer?

the graphics co

you could print onto a thin non adhesive film, then mount the adhesive to it, then contour cut it. GBC carries adhesive only products that have permanent adhesive on one face and removable on the opposite face which is a pretty common solution for short term interior window graphics if i am not mistaken.