• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TX500-1800B Ink

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
Does anyone on this forum have a TX500 machine running Acid or Reactive ink? We have a machine that is from a company in Europe, and is essentially the guts of a TX500-1800B but has the shell and UI of the company that "built" it. To keep a 2 year long story short, we are no longer doing ANY business with them. We switched to Sensient ink, but the problem is no one makes an ink chip defeat system for these. They are configured for AC300 ink, which is NLA by Mimaki as they have switched to AC400, but no one in the US sells it that I can find. Mimaki won't help either. Is anyone familiar with these?

DonCorleone

Does anyone on this forum have a TX500 machine running Acid or Reactive ink? We have a machine that is from a company in Europe, and is essentially the guts of a TX500-1800B but has the shell and UI of the company that "built" it. To keep a 2 year long story short, we are no longer doing ANY business with them. We switched to Sensient ink, but the problem is no one makes an ink chip defeat system for these. They are configured for AC300 ink, which is NLA by Mimaki as they have switched to AC400, but no one in the US sells it that I can find. Mimaki won't help either. Is anyone familiar with these?

I know a company that sells AC300 chips, which can be installed with your ink so for all intentional purposes the printer believes it’s using AC300... if I’m understanding you, then this is the resolution you are searching for? If so you can find them by searching “CO Mimaki Chips” online and contact them.

APCInk

Merchant Member

Hi there, our company offers the InkControl emulator board that will work with the TX500-1800B (or MTEX equivalent if that's what you have), with a couple of caveats... 1. In order to install the emulator board in a TX500, an additional Interface Cable is needed at an $80 cost. Also, due to the advanced nature of the AC300 chips, these need to be run with the "Live Chip Database" the cost of each virtual chips is $6.00 each (or $3.00 per liter).

The cost of the emulator board is $680 including the power adapter.

DM us or give us call if interested.

Thx.

-DM