• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300-160 Got mine today!

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
We just got our Mimaki UCJV300-160 today.. I will be posting comments after setup on wednesday! Been waiting 2 months for this printer...

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
So we after about a week of using the UCJV300-160 I must say I am satisfied overall. First off, odourless inks? I think not. Depending on your environment and ventilation it could be tolerable. But the inks smell during printing and days after. Mimaki was wrong to publicize these inks as odourless. The print quality is very good. I alternate between 8 pass (300 x 600) and 16 pass (600 x 600) modes and both do a great job. I have not been able to build my own profiles yet. Using Rasterlink is awfully painful. Drivers won't be available for Caldera until end of 1st Quarter 2018 from what I was told. The printer uses tons of yellow as it stands now in Rasterlink. something I will correct in Caldera asap. The only issue we have been having so far is ink starvation causing missing nozzles a few times a day. the technician came to boost the positive pump pressure above recommended setting to try and fix this, but it is still an ongoing issue. It has improved but is not perfect. The white ink is perfect. Opaque and effective even on black media. We have printed on many different substrates including solar window film with success. The only issue we have seen with the inks so far is that they crack very easy on canvas for some reason. For our wallpaper applications it is fantastic. Our installers love that they can't scratch or scuff the prints at install. I will upload some video and pictures for show and tell. As soon as the ink starvation issue is resolved, we will probably buy a second one. We also received an Epson S60 this week and LOVE that machine on all fronts! here is a link to a video I shot of an 8 pass print this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 226