Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UJF 3042FX White ink isn't opaque enough

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by paperstrategies, Dec 6, 2016.

1. paperstrategies

paperstrategies Member

Jan 27, 2016
    New Jersey
    Anyone else have this issue? Running 2 overprints, White comes out blueish gray. I have LF-200 ink installed and I'm printing on a black substrate.

2. meritan

meritan Member

Jul 11, 2011
    ALBANIA
    Shake the White cartridge before you print

3. paperstrategies

paperstrategies Member

Jan 27, 2016
    New Jersey
    I shake the cartridge everyday whether I print or not. White ink carts are brand new, and I've blown enough ink out to clear the lines of old Inks.

4. paperstrategies

paperstrategies Member

Jan 27, 2016
    New Jersey
    Not new, but usually I can get away with lots of overprints. This particular job requires the ink to be flat as possible.

5. Ditchmiester

Ditchmiester Premium Subscriber

Mar 24, 2011
    Oswego, IL
    What resolution and pass level are you running. On our 6042 over black material we run 8 pass 3 overprint to get a nice opaque white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. paperstrategies

paperstrategies Member

Jan 27, 2016
    New Jersey
    I was trying higher resolutions. I'll give this a shot today. Thanks!

7. Fares Bayazeed

Fares Bayazeed Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Norman, OK
    Shaken, not Stirred. Sorry couldn't resist. Now let's get technical - The Titanium Dioxide in the white cartridge has a specific gravity 1.18 at 25℃. When a component has an SG greater than .999 it has a tendency to settle. It is not always the case because the SG of the other components of the ink have their own specific gravity. This is the case with this particular UV Curable Color. A co-worker said I need to mention Viscosity as well. I HATE it when he's right!

8. intercrown

intercrown New Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Serbia
    I had problem with white on my UJF 6042 , but it was wrong measuring of remaining ink. I got gray print instead of white. I checked weight of cartriges , and replaced white , with new one. Still I was getting same problem.
    Then I run command " INK FILL UP" on white only. After that it was fine.