• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help UJF-6042 Head Error 12e (0013)

DankBoiDex

Hi,

I have a problem with the printer everytime it tries to utilize the heads. For example, when performing a fill up, during the process it displays the error message "Head Error 12e (0013)" on the LCD. It completes the process afterwards but displays the message once again. It then proceeds to constantly show the error message until I hold "Remote" and "Function" simultaneously.

Thanks a lot

DankBoiDex

That's a nice introduction.. What is your question ??
When it shows the head error the printer stops it process, but in some cases it continues afterwards, like when you perform a clean or a fill up. Most importantly the error prevents any printing to be possible.

Have a solution to remove this error?

Not sure why I can't perform a print or test. Searching it up, and using the operation manual doesn't seem to help as well.

L.D

Well the latest firmware version for that machine is V3.10. I would contact your dealer and see about upgrading it.

I would start there for both of your problems.

L.D

DankBoiDex

Well the latest firmware version for that machine is V3.10. I would contact your dealer and see about upgrading it.

I would start there for both of your problems.

L.D
Thanks, that is honestly a surprise since it's such a struggle too to find out if it's up to date. Is there any way to upgrade/update it through software that I can obtain myself?
Is it possible for you to provide a link to download the firmware or software for the machine (UJF-6042)? So that we may install the latest version (v3.10).

Last edited:

DankBoiDex

Thanks, that is honestly a surprise since it's such a struggle too to find out if it's up to date. Is there any way to upgrade/update it through software that I can obtain myself?
Is it possible for you to provide a link to download the firmware or software for the machine (UJF-6042)? So that we may install the latest version (v3.10).
Thanks for the information, files, and links, it's really appreciated.

I updated the driver using the program you provided. After that, I followed your instructions and I attempted to upgrade the firmware to v3.10. It did not successfully complete, as soon as I click upgrade, it displays "S receiving... TRANSFER FAILED" and does not upgrade the firmware. I am able to upload/download parameters to and from the machine, this proves to me that the program works with and detects the printer.

Is there another way to update the firmware? Do you have an idea on what is causing the upgrade to fail?

Attachments

• Failed.jpg
    Failed.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 299
  • Local DATA REMAIN.jpg
    Local DATA REMAIN.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 412

DankBoiDex

I have done some checking of certain processes and have come to the conclusion that the printer has a problem carrying out orders when it comes to receiving data and processing it.

The processes I have attempted are as follows: Naturally by performing a printing job, uploading and downloading parameters to and from the computer via USB, and upgrading the firmware using a tool program on the computer via USB.
Two of these attempts cannot be completed, since the machine stops and does not move on from there(no error message displayed).

The uploading and downloading process is an exception. Various parameters can be altered on the machine, then uploaded to the computer to be reviewed and edited if necessary. The problem arises when downloading the parameters(or any parameters actually) back to the machine. It will complete the "UP&DOWNLOAD" process on the printer and appear to have been successful, until the printer is restarted, as indicated, and the parameters are checked. The parameters then seem to be set to their default values. Not the previous values that was changed on the printer or changed on the computer, but other values the printer had originally.

In both other cases when it comes to printing a job and upgrading the machine's firmware, the printer receives the data, begins the process and then stops when it comes time to use that information and data received. Afterwards, it will indicate that data has been received, and displays "DATA REMAIN" after it stops, and then requiring the data to be cleared. Something is causing a struggle between a certain point of sending orders to the machine and executing those orders. If you have any idea what could be causing this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

L.D

I have done some checking of certain processes and have come to the conclusion that the printer has a problem carrying out orders when it comes to receiving data and processing it.

The processes I have attempted are as follows: Naturally by performing a printing job, uploading and downloading parameters to and from the computer via USB, and upgrading the firmware using a tool program on the computer via USB.
Two of these attempts cannot be completed, since the machine stops and does not move on from there(no error message displayed).

The uploading and downloading process is an exception. Various parameters can be altered on the machine, then uploaded to the computer to be reviewed and edited if necessary. The problem arises when downloading the parameters(or any parameters actually) back to the machine. It will complete the "UP&DOWNLOAD" process on the printer and appear to have been successful, until the printer is restarted, as indicated, and the parameters are checked. The parameters then seem to be set to their default values. Not the previous values that was changed on the printer or changed on the computer, but other values the printer had originally.

In both other cases when it comes to printing a job and upgrading the machine's firmware, the printer receives the data, begins the process and then stops when it comes time to use that information and data received. Afterwards, it will indicate that data has been received, and displays "DATA REMAIN" after it stops, and then requiring the data to be cleared. Something is causing a struggle between a certain point of sending orders to the machine and executing those orders. If you have any idea what could be causing this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

L.D

Data remain doesn't have anything to do with a Firmware update. To me it sounds like you have the older version of the UJF-6042 and not the newer MKll model?? That is probably why the firmware update failed.

On the Older UJF-6042's the lasted firmware is version 2.30. So, if you have the older version you need a completely different firmware update file to download.

check your e-mail.

L.D

DankBoiDex

I appreciate the information and update. I realised that I do have the previous version of the UJF-6042, thanks for the insight. Unfortunately when downloading your update to the machine, looking at the update program, it hangs on 0% and proceeds to fail. The printer begins to beep continuously and displays "Error 201 COMMAND" until input from the keyboard(see image).

Sadly, I'm not sure what else I could do to update the firmware, and most importantly what the cause of the error is.

Thanks for your assistance

Attachments

• Updating-Error.jpg
    Updating-Error.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 505

L.D

How old is this machine?? Is there a way you can let me know the part number on the mainboard? You may have to upgrade to a newer mainboard in order to complete the update.

I would try and get someone onsite to take a look at it.

DankBoiDex

Hi. Apologies, been away from the machine for a while.

The main PCB number is E400690-02. There's a second string of numbers on the top section of the board too, which is E107531-00 (see images attached).

The machine was bought in 2012, about 6 years ago, brand new. Our Mimaki supplier came to install it, but unfourtunately it was unsuccessful. They then came once more to install a new machine that was successful, and was able to be used and worked with.

Right now, I'm deciding if I should pay the large sum of money to replace the main board, therefore I have to make sure I'm replacing the correct part for this problem. I have replaced the PCB FM Slider board with a new one assuming it would be a solution the problem, but unfourtunately it was not.

Before getting our supplier to come in and price new parts, I want to know if the cause is truly a faulty part of the machine, especially the main PCB board.

Thanks a bunch for the help L.D

Attachments

• IMG-20180214-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180214-WA0003.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG-20180214-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180214-WA0002.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

L.D

Hi. Apologies, been away from the machine for a while.

The main PCB number is E400690-02. There's a second string of numbers on the top section of the board too, which is E107531-00 (see images attached).

The machine was bought in 2012, about 6 years ago, brand new. Our Mimaki supplier came to install it, but unfourtunately it was unsuccessful. They then came once more to install a new machine that was successful, and was able to be used and worked with.

Right now, I'm deciding if I should pay the large sum of money to replace the main board, therefore I have to make sure I'm replacing the correct part for this problem. I have replaced the PCB FM Slider board with a new one assuming it would be a solution the problem, but unfourtunately it was not.

Before getting our supplier to come in and price new parts, I want to know if the cause is truly a faulty part of the machine, especially the main PCB board.

Thanks a bunch for the help L.D

I checked and the mainboard you have is the only one ever made. I sent some info to your e-mail address that should help you get this resolved or at least make a
decision on which direction to go.

L.D

DankBoiDex

After finding out that I have the previous version of the printer, thanks to you, it made me realise the error in the acquistition of updates. The machine's firmware could successfully update with the .rom file you supplied. Which is definitely good news, but unfourtunately the same head error exists, and happens at the same time, preventing work to be printed.

The FFC cables are seated and connected correctly, I made sure when I replaced it. I noticed when looking at that solutions in the image you sent, the second solution is not very specific. We're probably going to have to troubleshoot other areas related to the error before replacing heads and boards. If there is no other way, then I will have to replace them, hoping it will fix the problem.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as we can narrow the problem down further and further.

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 349
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 348
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 374

L.D

After finding out that I have the previous version of the printer, thanks to you, it made me realise the error in the acquistition of updates. The machine's firmware could successfully update with the .rom file you supplied. Which is definitely good news, but unfourtunately the same head error exists, and happens at the same time, preventing work to be printed.

The FFC cables are seated and connected correctly, I made sure when I replaced it. I noticed when looking at that solutions in the image you sent, the second solution is not very specific. We're probably going to have to troubleshoot other areas related to the error before replacing heads and boards. If there is no other way, then I will have to replace them, hoping it will fix the problem.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as we can narrow the problem down further and further.

Thanks a lot

I would start with replacing the FFC cables since that would be the least expensive step to try. Did you install the PCB FM Slider board yourself?