• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ulano Sta-sharp reformulated

sleepyeyed

Does anyone else use the new formulated Sta-Sharp material and adhering liquid? Apparently they've changed it to a VOC-Free formula and, in my experience so far, it sucks. I've yet to get the material to really bond to the screens like the previous material. They peel up with very little effort and even when we are able to get it to stick and do a screen job with it, which is very rare, it certainly needs to be replaced after a few jobs because of the peeling. We do a large amount of road signs and the screens need to last for hundreds of repeat jobs, not just a few. Is there a method to applying it that I'm unaware of? or maybe somebody could suggest a different brand of stencil material that isn't a water soluble based one. Or better yet, is there's any way to get the old material?

d fleming

Ulano rlx emulsion. You can make stencils from black vinyl in reverse and expose in sunlight. You will need a matte black background to reduce light bleed from behind. cloth works fine. Here in summer I get an exposure of about 90 seconds, but do a step wedge test to find your own number.