• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultimaker 2.0

JasonMeisnerSTS

Hello All,

I am considering purchasing another printer to go along with my Makerbot and i hear the Ultimaker 2.0 is the way to go as it does both PLA and ABS. Does anyone have any feedback on this machine and/ or any issues using it? Also, what rip software would be recommended to create STL files?

JasonMeisnerSTS

gorilla maker

jfiscus ,

i tried emailing you as i would consider that printer as it looked pretty neat. i would love to have a conversation with you regarding if it is available as it seemed i can only preorder.

jfiscus

Rap Master
jfiscus ,

i tried emailing you as i would consider that printer as it looked pretty neat. i would love to have a conversation with you regarding if it is available as it seemed i can only preorder.

I don't seen an email coming through? my email there is jf@gorillamaker.com
Call the number listed (859-918-9900) and you can speak directly to the designer/developer of the printer and he will be able to answer any questions you have or provide a sample print from your file. (I am leaving to go out of town for the weekend in an hour)

We are just finishing building the first production batch of printers currently and will be shipping this week.
We had pushed shipping back a couple months from the original planned dates as we came across a couple of potential failure points (and upgrades) while running our test units through thousands of hours of print time. A couple of the major changes were redesigning the heated print bed and dual-nozzle head to work even better. All of our printers are made 100% right here in Kentucky and ALL parts are modular for easy servicing & upgrades.

We will have close-ups & more in-depth information of some of the features on the site soon, but we stopped updating the website for a few days to get through production on the pre-ordered units.
More info on the unit can be found here: http://gorillamaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/GM3D500_SpecSheet.pdf