• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultraflex 15oz Blockout Banner

MMartell

Graphics Professional
Does anyone know a good solution/product for protecting this banner from scratches and abrasion after it has been printed? I have not come across any info regarding lamination and or coating of this material for added protection.

MMartell

Graphics Professional
You should have proper adhesion using that printer. Using a custom ICC profile of course.
I know, i don't have any issues running banner on my Latex 360 - with my custom ICC profile and curing time.

Maybe try something like this:
ClearShield Liquid Laminate waterbased UV coating

Adhesion is good, just seems a bit easy to scratch... The artwork is very dark though, so imperfections may be more pronounced due to that fact.

Thanks for the recommendation! I will look into that product.

Stella_FB700

Adhesion is good, just seems a bit easy to scratch... The artwork is very dark though, so imperfections may be more pronounced due to that fact.

Thanks for the recommendation! I will look into that product.

May be the issue with large passes of dark ink.
Thats the only one i know of on the market that does the trick - of course we only use it for metal etc.
But i know its a good one.

Best of luck! Wish i had more suggestions for you.

printhog

We used to spray clearstars solvent clear on that material with fantastic success using an airless or hvlp. Used 5 gallons a week. The water based had drying issues in winter and spring for our region.
Both it did a nice job of gloss and abrasion resistance, solvent gave good face to face offset protection. The water based however sticks to itself unless cured in an oven.

its only a freaking sign!

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
The water based will dry with heat (not necessarily an oven). We run it in our liquid laminator. It is not a fast process, by any means, and an oven would probably be much faster.
I've found most of the ClearStar line works quite well- whether you're spraying, rolling, or using in a laminator.

Last edited: