• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultraflex FabriTac 10oz

Enola

I have to apply some interior wall graphics on painted drywall. Is this the best choice of materials to use?

I have read on the Ultraflex website (or a distributors website) that it is LOW tac and repositional an unlimited number of times. (that I flat out don't believe)

Being that a latex painted wall does not provide a very sticky substrate to begin with, I am imagining this low tac adhesive literally falling off the wall ;) Has anyone experiences a NOT ENOUGH tac?

Plan is to use R Tape 4075 for the transfer. Although its a higher tac, I should be able to take my time and gently roll it off. (worse comes to worse, I can sponge some water on it, to loosen the adhesive)

How do you like this material for interior latex walls? Any feedback would be appreciated.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have to apply some interior wall graphics on painted drywall. Is this the best choice of materials to use?

I have read on the Ultraflex website (or a distributors website) that it is LOW tac and repositional an unlimited number of times. (that I flat out don't believe)

Being that a latex painted wall does not provide a very sticky substrate to begin with, I am imagining this low tac adhesive literally falling off the wall ;) Has anyone experiences a NOT ENOUGH tac?

Plan is to use R Tape 4075 for the transfer. Although its a higher tac, I should be able to take my time and gently roll it off. (worse comes to worse, I can sponge some water on it, to loosen the adhesive)

How do you like this material for interior latex walls? Any feedback would be appreciated.

There are many other options that will be better than the Ultraflex brand. How much is that material and what size is it? Is it a newly painted wall also?

flyplainsdrifta

yeah the newly painted wall is a HUGE question if these are to be removable. me as a dumb dumb, threw it up for fun to show it off in my newly painted music room/office. to show off the material, i put it up, then proceded to rip it off like im peeling a bandaid (may i mention i was a couple drinks deep), and take off a nice chunk of the fresh paint. felt like a huge idiot. so i would make sure youre getting walls that have been sitting for quite a while. or just test in a inconspicuous area.

the repositionabilty thing is true to a degree. in early tests, i have crumpled it up, reflattened it and it still is pretty solid laying it back down. we sell to a lot of end users and typically were looking for products that most anyone with a brain can apply and id have to say this one is pretty idiot proof as long as you do your homework on the install site.