• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Un-Mothballing a Designjet 8000s

Shroudz

A few months ago I bought a running/printing HP Designjet 8000s. Due to some of my own lack of knowledge and foresight, I didn't plug it in and let it cycle like I should have, and I'm just now getting to setting it back up. After reading the manuals several times through, and attempting to contact HP for support as suggested (and being given no information at all because it is out of warranty), I still don't know what I should do and in what order to do it. Should I do a regular maintenance cleaning, plug it in and hope for the best? Or should I do something in particular first? Any constructive criticism accepted, all help is appreciated.

P.S. ~ A special thanks goes to forum member Danno for the RIP software! Exactly what I needed!

tbullo

Superunknown
Yikes. I can tell you from experience that sitting a couple months is bad, unless it was shut down properly. I know a guy that let one sit a few weeks unplugged and it was a pain. It did come back after a lot of wasted ink run through it doing maintenance. There is prob. a better way to flush the lines, but heads may be clogged.

Shroudz

I think I have a set of print heads from the spare machine I got. Is that the majority of what to expect? Anyone else have thoughts or experience on this?

danno

Glad the software was the ticket. On the 9000 we had, I would order some cap cleaning fluid and to flush the lines, pumps and heads. There was a cartridge kit available for that purpose, but I can't find the # for it at this time. I have made one to flush the lines and pumps with a syringe, but not had good luck flushing the heads. If you remove the heads, try to find a jig to reinstall them. They are about impossible to realign without it. Tubelite did have some stuff available for the 8,9 & 10000 through Seiko. I'm not sure if Oki picked up that slack.