• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Undeifined Media erro

OPTIMA GRAPHICS

it is one thing arfter another with my printer. I have just replace the print heads and when i tried to do the nozzle check and tilt alignments the print will not recognize the media. I have it lined up right being half way over the 2 holes on the right, and i also switched out the media sensor on the side of the carriage with one i knew worked. Does anybody have any other ideas on where i can trouble shoot the issue?

randya

Try loading the media in the dark, seriously.

A bright light or sunlight through a window can fake the sensor out.
If that works then you just need to block some light somewhere.

If not, it could be sensor alignment.

There should also be a way in maintenance mode to check the value of the sensor over the black of the platen compared to the white of the media. Acceptable values should be in the manual.

OPTIMA GRAPHICS

i just did it in the dark and stiil did not work, now do you know how to get to maintenance mode and check it through the board as you said??

I do not have the maintenance manual for the printer.

thmooch

What width material are you using? On my 38" printer I sometimes have to trim about 1/2" off the left(if facing the front of the machine) of 38" material to avoid media read issues.