Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Union Bug

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by ChicagoGraphics, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Does anyone know what local the sign union is. And do you know where I might find a vector version of it.

Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (IUPAT) Most likely District Council 14 if you are in Chicago
    Better plan on becoming a Union shop in order to get the bug. Kinda like using the Harley logo...only worse.

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I found the logo in a low res bitmap, I can always recreate it, it's local 830

What can happened if one got caught using it without being a member

4. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Active Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    You would likely get screwed big time.

5. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    A couple of guys named Guido come over and break your thumbs.

6. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    and that would just be the start to the problems

7. natedawg9640

natedawg9640 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Appleton, Wi
    I wouldn't fly the bug without being a union shop.

8. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

You don't want to do this if you're not a union shop. It's illegal. You may want to talk to your attorney.

One realistic problem would be to get black listed and put on a NO-BUY list that the unions circulate.

9. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    ..Firesprint is correct ... & that would be the beginning lol

10. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    The first thing that comes to mind for me is that you are a thief, liar and probably someone I would not have anything to do with.

None of these things may be true, but you certainly bring your character into question even broaching such a question.

I am not a current union member, but for a number of years in my early search for a career belong to several different unions.

I was not, and am not, a union sympathizer, but for you to even broach this question in an open forum speaks volumes about your disrespect for unions and their workers.

I find no difference in your request than to want to reproduce another sign persons original work and call it your own. Or to reproduce copyright protected material [with the hope of skirting Federal laws].

I hope the job you want to place a bogus union bug on pays well.

The profit from it [oh wait, unions requiring the use of a bug, NEVER want to pay a decent wage for the requested work], could perhaps be used to help you get into the witness protection program, or get you re-educated for a career change.:thankyou: