• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Universal Pls 4.75 50watt Value

reQ

Thinking of getting rid of my PLS 4.75 50 watt laser with exhaust fan. Bought it 3 years ago, but almost never used it. Maybe have total of 48 hours on it. Just wondering what would be reasonable to ask for it?

Gene@mpls

Googling it it looks like an 18x24 bed and a metal CO2 laser 'cartridge'. Sounds interesting but I know nothing past that. I am on a Chinese laser forum and can spread the word if you come up with a price. Thanks Gene

reQ

yeah, i was wondering about the price :) Talked to one of my equipment dealers who sells GCC lasers, he said they are pretty close in prices etc. So he said new one with these specs go for 25k Canadian dollars right now. Told me i should ask 16k or if i want to sell it fast, 12k CAD

rossmosh

Take the price to buy it new today and subtract the cost of a tube, bearings, belts, rails, mirror, and lens. That should get you to a pretty fair market price. If your machine is really low hours/good condition, then you can be a higher. If it's been run hard, then I'd expect it on the lower side.

I know a few years ago VLS 6.40's with 50 W tubes were selling for about $20k. I also can tell you a tube recharge is about $1200 in the US and belts, bearings, and lens (what I'd expect to change) run about another $1000. So I'd start quite a bit higher than $16k. You can always go down in price if there is a lack of interest.