• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unlocking a (locked) pdf

tintguy31794

I save my artwork with no print permissions out of signlab (into a pdf)... i'd like to open one of the files that I saved, but do not see an option to type in the password that I originally set. I searched the help folder with no luck.. any help would be appreciated.

Mason

I save my artwork with no print permissions out of signlab (into a pdf)... i'd like to open one of the files that I saved, but do not see an option to type in the password that I originally set. I searched the help folder with no luck.. any help would be appreciated.
If you know how to protect it when you create it, you should know how to unlock it

P

ProWraps™

deleted its an online pdf unocker. dont shoot the messenger folks. he is obviously trying to use this for lawful puposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gps-hi

in Acrobat:

from the menu bar...
Advanced->Security->Remove Security

enter p/w when prompted

P

ProWraps™

good lord. he asked for a pdf unlocker. not a friggin pirated file. he stated his intent. what i posted IS NOT unethical, NOR ILLEGAL. did you bother to READ the page i posted?

Bigdawg

Just Me
This is just getting unreal around here today. If he locked the pdf he oughta know how to unlock it and if he forgot there is the RIGHT way to do it.

And no I didn't go to your link... I know how to unlock my pdfs I create. You have your opinion on how you view the link and I have mine.

P

ProWraps™

then post a link to the RIGHT way to do it. if your blatantly calling this guy out as a thief, then why the heck didnt you lock/delete the thread and take action against him? i mean wth?

Bigdawg

Just Me
Didn't call him out as a thief tecdady. Think more like getting rid of a bs link that wasn't needed. Right way is posted above.... (thanks gps-hi) Nothing to fight about then is there?

P

ProWraps™

no im not fighting with you, its just another one of the things that i just dont understand. but oh well.

Mason

Kids, cut the s**t............ please, cant we all just get along man..... well everyone but OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Border

Well, it could be a legit question if he saved it as a PDF FROM SIGNLAB as stated...and there's some kind of problem unlocking it now because it got corrupted?

But from his profile, it says he'd still looking for affordable sign software and has no mention of owning Signlab. Maybe that's just not up to date too?

Tell us tintguy?
More specifics.