• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on signVOX, shopVOX - Finally

SignVOX

Merchant Member
Hi All,
Finally today I could get my message out to all of our current customers about signVOX, shopVOX and everything in between.

However since lot of our customers are active on signs101 and we have been very active on signs101, I am giving a summary of what it all means for the larger industry.

In summary the four points to take away:

1. shopVOX is the new signVOX and can be used by any Custom Manufacturing industries, including, Print/Promotional/Decoration/Awards/Signs all in one package.
  2. signVOX is a 100% supported service for all of the current customers.
  3. If you choose to you can migrate from signVOX to shopVOX in the near future.(Around May 2015)
  4. If you love signVOX and it works for you, we intend to support it 100%.

Small present to the whole sign industry, shopVOX Go!

For the whole industry as a token of thanks, we have created a cool app with all the right digital tools needed for any sign company all in one place called, shopVOX Go!.

As of now it is only an IOS app, but working on the Android version.
It is 100% free and one does not need any subscription to signVOX nor shopVOX.
If you are a sign company you will love this app. Check out what it is here,
http://blog.signvox.com/2014/11/18/free-app-for-sign-shops-try-shopvox-go/

And get it from the iTunes store here…
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopvox-go/id890746453?mt=8

All of our signVOX customers can send me an email directly if you have any questions or for every one else, please checkout the new shopVOX applications.
Express for the small shops who do not want to move from current pricing mechanism, but want to manage production better.
PRO for those equivalent to signVOX currently and Premier for those who want to manage large shops.

Again thanks for all of you for the past few years of support and encouragement.

Rao, Ravi and the whole VOX team.

Christian @ 2CT Media

You guys have a major issue with your marketing. This header is the reason why I'm so frustrated: http://www.signvox.com/features

You tell us on here and in emails that signvox is going no where, then you tell the public and future customers that its being converted. Your message is seriously messed up and I honestly feel passed over as an adopter of your signvox platform.

Also, I have been trying to add the wrapvox feature to signvox and I notice you took it off the signvox site and created a new site wrapvox.com its down btw. Are you changing the pricing structure on that feature as well?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
It is inevitable that Signvox will die. I don't believe Rao is being realistic when he says "Signvox is here to stay". There is no way a platform can survive without adding any new users. The Signvox user base will only continue to shrink as people either leave Signvox or migrate to Shopvox. It is very clear where their priorities have been lately, and I am skeptical that is going to change. Rao stated over a month ago that there was a small update from October they forgot to implement....and still no sign of it yet.

RyanFelty

So can I use the app with my signvox account? I think we were told when we signed up for signvox a couple years ago that we would get a free app or something and I still don't have one (this could be my fault not sure). Downloaded the shopvox app and my signvox account name and password wont work.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yay, $20/mo Price increase now!

This is just absurd at this point, now what could warrant a $20/mo increase as there still has been no major improvements. None of the major features we have been asking for have been implemented, its still clunky and cumbersome when you need to make multiple changes to a quote, and No CC processing as I can tell.

Sorry, End Rant.

fresh

Yay, $20/mo Price increase now!

This is just absurd at this point, now what could warrant a $20/mo increase as there still has been no major improvements. None of the major features we have been asking for have been implemented, its still clunky and cumbersome when you need to make multiple changes to a quote, and No CC processing as I can tell.

Sorry, End Rant.

I'm feeling the same way. I'm going to start looking at other solutions. Its a good product, but I don't know if it justifies the ongoing high cost. Plus, there is no guarantees that the price isn't going to increase again in the near future, or the product is going to be discontinued.

gnemmas

As a subscription model, when more people singed on, over a certain number, it will be pure profit.

One of it's selling point is software fixes and upgrades will be included. Turn out to be true, well, partly anyway, the fee will be upgraded as well.

I paid $139 for a month and cancelled. There is a reason that they don't offer free trial as most other reputable companies do. They are afraid that you will find what I did. I found it is better than Cyrious in some areas, and inferior in others.

My fear is that I am going in to a marriage, with a prenub: if I want to leave, I get nothing. The longer I stayed, the harder for me to leave, no matter how abusive they become. All the money and time I put in will be gone.

legacyborn

My fear is that I am going in to a marriage, with a prenub: if I want to leave, I get nothing. The longer I stayed, the harder for me to leave, no matter how abusive they become. All the money and time I put in will be gone.

This, a thousand times this. This is how I feel right now. I never received the email that Rao supposedly sent out saying there would be an increase, and I got charged last night an extra $20 and told my subscription changed. This program is now $2000 a year with no foreseeable upgrades yet all my info is stuck in it and I have no choice but to continue to use it until I can switch to something else. Also, I would love to switch to Shopvox but to get the same features, I have to pay even more a month (and still won't have some of the features I want) Plus I have to start paying per user? I feel like all early adopters have been used and our reward is an app that should have been free from the beginning and a stagnant system.

When I signed up about a year ago, I was told that there were some amazing features and upgrades coming. No. They were talking about Shopvox, a different system that I would have to migrate to and pay more money for. That is misleading. But I'm reminded about a quote from my favorite movie, "so what I am going to do is **** and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!"

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go spend more of my time starting to research alternative methods of managing my shop.

Rickey J

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go spend more of my time starting to research alternative methods of managing my shop."

I will be doing the same thing!

jman

All this hoopla and I've found simple excel spreadsheets with my material costs and all to be so simple and easy for estimates along with quickbooks lol

Christian @ 2CT Media

Its more than just spreadsheets... Try to run an operation from 3 off site locations and know that everyone is on track and making progress.

The concept of SignVox is great, so far the execution is troubling.

legacyborn

Technically, signvox is now $140 less... Remember signvox has 10 users vs 1 in shopvox.

So they are forcing me to pay for things I don't need or want, which is fine, there are a lot of features I don't use but others might. So good point. However that doesn't solve the other issues.

Also I have been playing with the free trial of shopvox and find it glitchy at best, it is difficult to do things that were easy to do before (to be fair it is easier to do things that were difficult before) so there is a give and take, however many of the features are missing, so I assume I have to pay to use the upgraded versions to decided if I want to continue with them. And their feature list doesn't really describe the differences well between the versions.

Hopefully some clarification will come soon.

jman

Its more than just spreadsheets... Try to run an operation from 3 off site locations and know that everyone is on track and making progress.

The concept of SignVox is great, so far the execution is troubling.

It really depends on what your operation is and how large it is I guess. I used SignVox when it first released a few years ago and being a small operation I couldn't justify the cost. Not that I couldn't afford it, I just couldn't see putting $139 a month out for such a small operation when a material list with mark up and quickbooks works just fine and has for years now.

neil_se

$30 extra a month here, but I've been using it for a few years so I've probably been paying less until now. Or it might be the number of users we have.

No prior notice of the increase either.

Typestries

$30 extra a month here, but I've been using it for a few years so I've probably been paying less until now. Or it might be the number of users we have.

No prior notice of the increase either.

Funny thing is I received the email receipt for the price increase but also "missed" the first email that explains the reasoning for the increase and what we'd receive for the extra cost.

So I asked Rao for that and it's crickets. Seems like I'm not alone in what has become a one sided relationship.

for those that said be cautious of the cloud it looks like you are correct.

Disappointed signvox user here for sure.

If if you explained the increase prior, I might be ok
if you fixed the things you said you would, I might be ok
if you implemented the things you promised, I'd definitely be ok

but right now we're all just getting jerked around.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Sorry to rile the bear. I just thought this was getting ridiculous. At least now we know where the focus is... The sad thing is we've already exceeded what we invested in cyrious and we've only gained online access and extra users.

They need a serious speed boost on signvox, a more intuitive quoting system (multiple updates, rather then waiting for each change individually), and the much needed pos items that everyone is requesting.