• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Updated VersaWorks Won't Recognize CutContour

Cassidy

Hi all,
This week my computer was wiped and I had to reinstall all the programs I use. We couldn't find our versaworks disk so I had to order a new one from Roland. I have it installed and connected to the printer (VP-540) but now it won't recognize cut lines on files that the older version of versaworks recognized. I made sure there was no transparency in the file and that the swatch was still correct. I print these same files often and never had an issue with the cut lines not being recognized. Does anyone have any wisdom to impart on me about how to get it to work?

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would check that its named correctly and your VW is set up looking for that name. spelling and capitals matter

Cassidy

Where do I findout what name VW is looking for? I got the cut contour swatch directly from the VW illustrator swatch folder but how do I make sure VW recognizes it?

papabud

Lone Wolf
Very simply, the designer should create a Spot Color in their design application and name that Spot Color “CutContour”, taking care to spell it properly and use upper case and lower case letters exactly as indicated. VersaWorks will then “see” that Spot Color and apply it as a cut line when outputting the print/cut job

Cassidy

Oh I thought I had to set it in VW itself. The spot color is definitely CutContour. Correct spelling and capitalization. That was one of the first things I checked. Also, I tried doing a test cut from VW. It said it was sent successfully but made no cut. It will cut just fine though if I do the test cut directly on the printer interface.

papabud

Lone Wolf
yes do a full restart and run as admin, try a test cut again, if it doesnt cut i would look at your cables from the computer to the machine. or that the machine is setup properly

Cassidy

I ran as admin and now it works. Thanks! I don't understand why it worked but as long as its working I'm a happy camper.