• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Upgraded to F11 from F7- problems with contour cut from old files

Gene@mpls

I have used Flexi for the last 22 years- from F5, suffered thru F6, finally landed on F7 and F8 which have worked great for me. We purchased several seats of F11 from a nice lady on S101 and like it... but we have years worth of files from old customers that we use regularly. When we open a F7-8 file the contourcut is not recognized. I am thinking that I have something set wrong? Thanks Gene

Joe House

What does the fill stroke editor say when you select the lines? It should show no fill and a stroke of CutContour as a spot color to be recognized in VersaWorks. When you open it, are the spot colors getting converted to CMYK?

Gene@mpls

It does show no fill and a stroke that is not a spot color- the contourcut in the older versions does not show as a spot and that may be the problem. My brain is fried for today, I will check on the cmyk/rgb issue tomorrow. It would be nice if you could select the contourcut color with select by color, but that is not possible as far as I can see. Thanks Gene

spooledUP7

Happens to me all the time with older jobs built in Flexi7. Simply turn of "Show Fills" (Ctrl + F), select the old contour cut (it will be black in wireframe mode), then "ungroup all" and while still selected go to Arange/Contour Cut/Release Contour Cut, and then finally Create Contour Cut.
Sometime I have to uncompound it too before it will allow me to release the contour cut.

Gene@mpls

That is what we have been doing, altho I would not say it is always simple. The F7 contour cut seems to be RGB and not a spot and is a stroke so it cannot usually be selected with the right click 'Select>Select Similar colors to do it efficiently. We have used F7-8 for 21 years and have thousands of old files, some of which are very complicated and large. It can be a real pain to track down all the bad contourcut lines. I am doing some experimentation with it and Joe House has offered help so when I fully understand what is happening and can prepare some sample files for him, perhaps he can help. Thanks Gene

Gene@mpls

Bingo- we have a winner- the F7-8 contour color will be RGB so easy to separate/select and if you have the spot contourcut color in your pallet you can change. You just made an old man [and the Millennial who now has to deal with it] happy. Thank you, Gene