• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgraded to Onyx 12.1

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I finally got my updated key, and now finally get to play with 12.1

I haven't really noticed to much changes. Slightly faster rip speeds. I'll get a better test when i do larger files. it is noticeable though.

The job ticket has changed. They also have a Due date so you can have files sitting in the rip. I'll be using this function.

They've added G7 grey scale in the ICC profiling section. So far currently, it doesn't show you anything other than the average and max deltaE for K and CMY. It would be nice if there was some curves..

Other than that, haven't seen much other things.

Bly

Does it install over the top of 12 or does it create a fresh installation?

I'm just about to install it today.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
It installs over 12. itll recognise the install file.

Did you get the licence update from onyx or canon? with out it, you cannot update (i had this problem with out reading the note on the onyx site)

Bly

I upgraded to Thrive 12 from Production House when I got the Arizona a couple of months ago.
The key came with permissions for 12.1

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
When installing, Make sure when its updating the key ect, there's no errors. If there is, do not proceed. Or else you'll go through what i went though on friday, which was installing and reinstalling onyx and my profiles.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Can't wait to upgrade from 11 to 12! So many great new features. The banner and canvas bleed features are going to come in handy.
by 12, i hope you mean 12.1
12 vs 12.1 the rip speeds are noticeably quicker. And if i'm not mistaking some improved features for the canvas and banners. 12 has improved over 11 but 12.1 has some changes too.
The G7 inside onyx (although it's hidden) can be improved. I cannot understand if it's been added, why you cannot see any curves or what it's actually doing other than giving you an average and max deltaE. I believe but cannot confirm just yet that it adds more limits to your already adjusted ink restrictions as the way the profile came out just by viewing how the profile turned out which is quite annoying.
But onyx finally managed to give out a decent profile, so that'll be good news to some.

Installed 12.1 here and turned on G7 in the reports. Making a new color profile. G7 now shows on the side but is grayed out. Can't print or measure the P2P target. Anyone know why?

Bly

I just noticed 12.1 has automated crop to PDF trim marks now.
We receive a heap of posters with bleed and crop marks so this will save a lot of time.
Doesn't look like you can enable it in job editor, only through a quickset so I set one up to crop to trims and added 2mm bleed to allow for trimming.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I just noticed 12.1 has automated crop to PDF trim marks now.
We receive a heap of posters with bleed and crop marks so this will save a lot of time.
Doesn't look like you can enable it in job editor, only through a quickset so I set one up to crop to trims and added 2mm bleed to allow for trimming.

That's handy. Sometimes the crop marks are useful depending on the job. But if i need them, i'll put them myself. I don't like it when "graphic designers" think they know it all and put all these crop marks and printer marks on it. 90% of the time it's an annoyance.

Also - If someome is looking to upgrade to 12.1 just for g7. Just buy curve3 instead (only if you have onyx x10, x11 or x12) It'll work out cheaper and do a better job. Also you'll have more adjustments.