• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgrading to Flexi 12

149motorsports

Im looking at upgrading my Flexi 10 to Flexi 12.

1st question. What companies on here offer this upgrade to signs101 members. I talked to SAI and they wanted neat 800$ for the vinyl version or $1400 for the printing version with vinyl cutting. Would like to stick with someone on here as I had done years ago.

2nd. Looking at buying a new computer. What specs should I look for and brands that will work well. I was told to go with Windows 10, since my Flexi 10 wont work with windows 10, only 7. All I would use this computer is for Flexi, Quickbooks and surfing the internet.

Thanks for the input!

GlavinID

We just upgraded from version 8.6, we are now signed up through the Cloud and pay $49.95 per month for the full version. Not sure if that helps you or not.

2ny

Im looking at upgrading my Flexi 10 to Flexi 12.

1st question. What companies on here offer this upgrade to signs101 members. I talked to SAI and they wanted neat 800$ for the vinyl version or $1400 for the printing version with vinyl cutting. Would like to stick with someone on here as I had done years ago.

2nd. Looking at buying a new computer. What specs should I look for and brands that will work well. I was told to go with Windows 10, since my Flexi 10 wont work with windows 10, only 7. All I would use this computer is for Flexi, Quickbooks and surfing the internet.

Thanks for the input!

Hi.
1st. question I can not answer for you, as we use a local distributor.

2nd question: I use Flexiexpert 10.5.1 on a windows 10 computer quite fine. Specs: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 K6700, Asrock Z170 Extreme4+, 16GB DDR4 ram.
You have to get the latest hasp drivers, but else it works fine for me. We have not bothered to update yet. We have quite a few licenses with usb dongles, and I am not a huge fan of the sky storing feature and the subscription fee they have implemented for the software.
Good luck.

Best regards
Tony K

bannertime

We used a local distro for ours too, but for the computer:

-No less than 8bg of RAM.
-Intel i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 or FXX 9xxx and up.
-Nvida GTX series or AMD RX 480 and up.
-1tb or greater HDD 7200rpm or a decent size SSD and HDD backup.

Stick with those if you're building or spec-ing out your own and you'll be happy.

Otherwise give SignBurst PCs a call.

AKwrapguy

we have Flexi 12 and is the subscription model so we get all the upgrades. It's fine

As far a computer try to get one with a solid state drive. I use a 250 gig SSD to run all the software on but use a regular drive to store everything on. The speed to noticeable and worth it. Also RAM as much as you can reasonably afford right now I have 32 gig but 64 would be better.

149motorsports

Thank's for the input! I wont be building one(not that smart), but rather buying one hopefully from somewhere on black Friday if there are any good deals :) I have always used Dell computers.

SignBurst PCs

I would be happy to answer any computer or Flexi questions that you may have.

we have Flexi 12 and is the subscription model so we get all the upgrades. It's fine

As far a computer try to get one with a solid state drive. I use a 250 gig SSD to run all the software on but use a regular drive to store everything on. The speed to noticeable and worth it. Also RAM as much as you can reasonably afford right now I have 32 gig but 64 would be better.

149motorsports

So I was looking around and this is what I saw so far from the black friday ads. Are any of these a good deal for what I need it for? Anyone seen any good deals?

Walmart HP Pavilion, Intel core I5 7400, 1 TB storage, 8GB, NVIDA Geforce, GTX

Best Buy HP Slim Desktop Intel core 17, 12 gb, 1TB hard drive