• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPS Strikes again...

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Once again, its that time of year and UPS is screwing the pooch for us. Sent out multiple packages tuesday and wednesday now. 2 are showing no scans. One is lost in a black hole at a sorting center. This is nuts. Have pissed off clients because of UPS' lack of giving a rats *** basically.
Ive gone so far as to speak to my Insurance company about a rider on my policy to cover losses from UPS and FedEx losing and or not delivering packages on time. They questioned it with the underwriters and I guess they didn't want to get involved with something along those lines.
I feel bad for my clients because its out of our hands for right now and its likely we're going to be reprinting jobs and not getting reimbursed for them from UPS or FedEx.
:banghead: or :bushmill: ...not sure which is better!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Nah...Pat your order is on its merry way!! Should be at your client's on Monday.
We were shipping no more than 2 hours from here and UPS cant get that right.

rjssigns

Bright side is UPS didn't call to say they had a fire and your shipment may have been one of the casualties. Of course you never know...

headfirst

I think the lost shipments should come out of the driver's (or person responsible) pocket. No one is held accountable at those big companies and they all just shrug and say "sorry we don't know what happened".

FedEx ground drivers have to pay for lost and damaged packages. They all carry insurance for it, but the drivers rates go up if they go over a certain level of claims.

rjssigns

After the fire was out and UPS got back to business we got another call. Said our package sustained negligible water damage and was out for delivery.

Glad it was a couple banners in that one.

Mosh

I have my UPS man's cell #, If I need a package before he gets to me I call him and he comes....BTW, I get $1,000 in rent for UPS to park trailers in one of my lots during the holidays, so I might be bias.

Our UPS driver told us today that she is working 14 hour shifts for the next two days to keep up with "Cyber Monday". She said the back of her truck was packed solid.

Team Valhalla

I have a customer that flies a route into LA for Quantas. Every so often, he'll place an order to be shipped to his hotel so he can take it back.

Last Monday, I sent a box (26 lbs) 3rd Day. Normally it's a 4 day delivery, but thinking that since Thursday was Turkey Day, it needed to go 3rd Day, so that it would be delivered Friday. Cost me $70.

Seems that only Next Day packages were delivered and picked up on Friday.

Now my pilot friend is back Down Under, box is sitting at a hotel for two more days before they kick it out... and I have to pay to bring it back.

Life is good.

SP

Pat Whatley

Our UPS driver told us today that she is working 14 hour shifts for the next two days to keep up with "Cyber Monday". She said the back of her truck was packed solid.

Ask her how many stops she has in a day. My driver told me the other day he's running about 250 packages a day right now and it will get heavier. About 3 minutes per stop.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We have had numerous packages go astray with both UPS and Fedex....Mostly UPS though. Of course theyre the time sensitive ones that get screwed up. Thats the toughest part of it....what do you do when the package arrives and the client like SP has is gone or event is over. I have a disclaimer that we are in no way responsible for UPS or Fedex errors in shipping for event or otherwise graphics. But typically since we ship...we're the ones grabbing a bottle of Aleve or aspirin for the stress headache after we get on the phone trying to get some sort of satisfaction from them. What really sucks is as a small biz, I feel like a peon with them.

qmr55

Bright side is UPS didn't call to say they had a fire and your shipment may have been one of the casualties. Of course you never know...

I wonder what happens in that situation....?

We had one of our packages on a truck that was involved in an accident and the truck burnt to the ground losing all packages. Didn't hear from UPS so I checked tracking number, for a week it kept coming up as in route. Kept calling and they couldn't give me an answer as to where it is. Then I check the tracking one day and it said "Damaged in fire, contact shipper".

It was a package from Fellers and they have something set up with UPS if they lose packages it ships out for free no cost to me, just set us back a week on a project. Luckily, fellers helped us out a little.

SD&F

You should all have disclaimers sent prior to shipping with your customers.
We are a sign company not a shipping company, not responsible for loss or damages...etc. Besure everything is fully insured. We ship volume's and average about
1-2 claims a month, no matter how we package. We package as per UPS AND FED-EX
guidelines and still things happen. It is always disappointing, but you are covered and so is your customer.