• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Urgent color match

stephenj148

Doing a boat name for a guy who owns a grady white and he'd like to color match the name to the grady white colors.. however I cannot find a good resource for the grady white colors. I do not have the boat available to go print out chips and color match them.... and I'm nervous about doing a color picker due to some photos have different color corrections...

does anyone have a good way to tell just what colors I should be using to get the navy blue grady white, and gold that they use on their boats?

ova

Don't know for sure, but wouldn't a boat have some sort of color code built into the serial / model number like a car?

Might want to check with the manufacturer and see if you give them these numbers, they can match the paint.

Dave

Richard G

Naming a boat has been a seagoing tradition ever since early times. Today, with so many boats out on the water, distinguishing them can be difficult. A good way to differentiate your Grady from others is by putting a name on your boat. With today’s computers and graphic software the task could not be easier. There are some things to be aware of before you put that name on your boat. Have a professional show you a sketch beforehand that shows the scale or size and font of the lettering. If you wish to use the same font as the Grady-White logotype, specify Optima Bold. Use vinyl sticker graphics instead of painting on the hull. If you want to closely match the color of the striping on your Grady-White, specify PANTONE® PMS 295. The gold is “metallic gold.” (Painted graphics are not recommended; they tend to stain the gel coat and are difficult if not impossible to remove. This is something to consider if you want to sell your boat some day.)
from web site
http://www.gradywhite.com/anchorline/v25no3/customertips.php