• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

URGENT! HELP! Dx5 printhead drops ink all the time.

xdutra

Hey everyone!
Anybody knows what can happened with my DX5 printheads?

Here's the case:
My printer is a chinese Phaeton Galaxy UD-181LA ecosolvent with 2 DX5 unblocked printheads.
Someday the headboard had a little curt, because the printer was plugged directly in energy (without a nobreak), one of the printhead flat cable burned a little.
But the printer still working with no problems (with a nobreak, by the way). The printheads works perfectly too at this time.

Last month I removed the one of the printheads to clean and when I put it again the nozzles don't stop to drop ink. When make some print, all the colors came along the print.
Printing: https://youtu.be/2wjA7KJJcCw
Cleaning: https://youtu.be/udbDeL7UaOE

Today I changed the board to a new one. Changed all the flat (all new too) and the caps.
But the printhead still drop all colors. The 2 printhead have the same problem.

The old board
attachment.php

The new board with new flats (the model of the board is the same, changed the color but is the same board. Work perfectly except the printhead).
attachment.php

SOME HELP?

Attachments

• IMG_4828.jpg
    IMG_4828.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,844
  • IMG_5128.jpg
    IMG_5128.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,545

player

I am not familiar with dx5, but with dx4 heads they dribble when there is an air leak in the ink system. Removing and reinstalling dampers can easily crack the manifold(s). Or the rubber o-ring seal at the base of the damper isn't 100%.

Why would someone remove the head to clean it? Did you remove the plastic manifolds?

xdutra

A technician told me to open de printhead to clean the little board inside the head with Isopropyl Alcohol. After i closed it, I used a cleaning solution to clean the bottom part (gold part), because the one side of the BLACK nozzle was clogged up.

So, after this the printhead works with all nozzles dropping ink. Now I changed the dampers, and the headboard. And just the YELLOW continue with the problem and on the other printhead de CIAN have this problem.

Here's the printhead.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5133.jpg
    IMG_5133.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,724

dispen

Possible Solution

Hi,
I have 5 JV5's which use DX5 printhead. I might encounter same issue.
The reason of your issue has to be related to dampers. So, you need to replace dampers until dropping stops. That is what I am doing at least. I buy cheap dampers (1.5-2$) from various sources and replacing them does not high cost for me.

If you don't have dampers in stock, I would swap them with different colors at least to check if dropping really stops...