• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Urgent Help needed VP 540 head crash error startup

sydster

Hi Guys,

I was cleaning the machine, doing a head soak, forgot to power the machine down. the machine came on, heads moved but there was a crash. An error massage displayed, I turned off the machine, now when powering up 1 | 2| 3| 4 is displaying and 1 flashes and changes to K. Unable to do anything but to switch off.

any ideas, is black not being recognised?

kanini

Yes, it's usually a good thing to power off completely when doing.things under the hood on any printer. Have you reseated the black and/or all cartridges, e.g. pulled them out and put them back in? I assume the black isn't totally empty either. Hope you get it solved!

sydster

Yes, it's usually a good thing to power off completely when doing.things under the hood on any printer. Have you reseated the black and/or all cartridges, e.g. pulled them out and put them back in? I assume the black isn't totally empty either. Hope you get it solved!

here is a funny one for ya! I sucked out all the ink from back, it was the empty cart message lol, no problems at all. I feel so silly now

kanini

Good to hear you got it solved, sometimes it feels just so good when it's just a simple problem! :smile: