• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Urgent Order. Scam???

x2chris7x

Just got an email... Seems like one of those banner scams again! Anyone get the same email? From Brian Moore (bmooore55@gmail.com)

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Anytime we get an email from a free email address (@yahoo.com,@live.com,@outlook.com,@gmail.com) looking for high quantities, are asking us if we accept credit cards, and always pick up the order with their own trucking company are usually scams.

rjssigns

I reply to them that I'd be happy to help. But since they are a new client I need a cash deposit, and will meet them at a Starbucks of their choosing.

Been getting a lot less of the scam requests since I've been doing that. Must all come out of the same place.

Joe Giral

We use a pat reply when we suspect a scam. This one is for an email with an overseas address.

"Hello
Thanks for your request.
All overseas orders must use our shipper and must ship to the address of the credit card billing statement unless prior arrangements are made in writing, including credit verification.

Kind regards,"