• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion US Cutter laserpoint and Titan and Customer Service

Jeremiah

A good Friend of mine uses the US Cutter SC cutter. He has made money with it. Now we talked the other day about the Titan or Laser point 3. I have a Roland. Before he spends the money on a US Cutter . I started doing research. WOW Good and then Terrible reviews about the company customer service. Does anyone have recommendations or comments? Reasonable experience comments.. please no One words like Junk or Summa. There has to be so unbiased comments about the company. I just dont want him to get taken. I know its cheap... but not that cheap. Thanks

Christian @ 2CT Media

We bought a Rebranded GCC Jaguar IV from them 10years ago. The machine was great, but uscutter has a tendency to rapidly drop and a change models so their service suffers because they no longer "support" the dropped machines.

The Titan is a rebranded SAGA cutter, they are decent machines but the parent company has horrible support so expect the same from uscutter

Jburns

Jeremiah, how many hours per day (or week) is your friend using the cutter, and how much tech skill doe he / she have to play with and adjust a cutter?

This will probably drive recommendations. I wouldn't go below a graphtec if they want the optical sensor for contour cutting.

Jeremiah

We bought a Rebranded GCC Jaguar IV from them 10years ago. The machine was great, but uscutter has a tendency to rapidly drop and a change models so their service suffers because they no longer "support" the dropped machines.

The Titan is a rebranded SAGA cutter, they are decent machines but the parent company has horrible support so expect the same from uscutter
Thanks.. great reply, now I understand why saga and us cutter have such poor support.

Jeremiah

Jeremiah, how many hours per day (or week) is your friend using the cutter, and how much tech skill doe he / she have to play with and adjust a cutter?

This will probably drive recommendations. I wouldn't go below a graphtec if they want the optical sensor for contour cutting.
It is a part time business fir him. Actual cutter time maybe 3 hours per day for 2 months. He has basic knowledge. The sc gave him no problems last year. But he is on a budget. Does not have 2000.00 to spend on a cutter

Jburns

You will find the most feedback on those two cutters on their us cutter forum - they have a lot of users there. I think most users here use production machines

Last edited:

Jeremiah

You will find the most feedback on those two cutters on their us cutter forum - they have a lot of users there. I think most users here use production machines
Great, I looked into that idea and then thought about going into a Ford Dealership. Telling them I was interested in buying and asking them if the Ford Vehicles were any good and worth buying.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I use the Titan and it is OK for me. I had to contact their support once because of a software problem and they remoted into my PC and fixed it.

Creativity

A good Friend of mine uses the US Cutter SC cutter. He has made money with it. Now we talked the other day about the Titan or Laser point 3. I have a Roland. Before he spends the money on a US Cutter . I started doing research. WOW Good and then Terrible reviews about the company customer service. Does anyone have recommendations or comments? Reasonable experience comments.. please no One words like Junk or Summa. There has to be so unbiased comments about the company. I just dont want him to get taken. I know its cheap... but not that cheap. Thanks
I am using the Titan2. A very simplistic machine. Not really a high quality machine but it works. If you are using a Roland you will see the difference in quality immediately. It suits my purpose but I do not recommend it for a lot of commercial use. As far as the service at US Cutter it is poor at best. Response is in average time, follow through is bad and resolving an issue is close to non-existent. Sadly, once they get your money, they are done with you, or so it seems.
Tell your friend to look else where. There are a lot of good machines out there from other suppliers.

Jeremiah

I am using the Titan2. A very simplistic machine. Not really a high quality machine but it works. If you are using a Roland you will see the difference in quality immediately. It suits my purpose but I do not recommend it for a lot of commercial use. As far as the service at US Cutter it is poor at best. Response is in average time, follow through is bad and resolving an issue is close to non-existent. Sadly, once they get your money, they are done with you, or so it seems.
Tell your friend to look else where. There are a lot of good machines out there from other suppliers.
Thanks great reply.

Jeremiah

do you happen to know who makes the laserpoint 3 fir them ? I was wondering seeing a out support by that mfg. Thank you

equippaint

Ok... Since you had that answer .. what cutter plotter is actually MADE in the USA?
Are you asking for a friend?
I know what youre after. Youre hoping that its made by a real company like summa and rebranded so you can get the same machine for half the price. Then expect to get the support from summa since they made the plotter. They dont but even if they did, it doesnt work like that. Its fine for a cheap machine but as you were told do not expect much on the support side. Its just not the market uscutter is serving with these things. Buy it and take a gamble or save up and buy a real machine. Ive had an sc for 7-8 years, its been fine but I wasnt afraid to throw it away if it wasnt. You are so its not the best move.

Jburns

Great, I looked into that idea and then thought about going into a Ford Dealership. Telling them I was interested in buying and asking them if the Ford Vehicles were any good and worth buying.

Jeremiah, I will be nice here. I have been involved with vinyl cutters for over 12 years. I have owned the bottom units ( MH) all the way to summa. That particular websites majority of contributors are people who have owned / own the machines you are considering.You will find problems, issues questions and problems solved.
Edit: This website has users that own sign shops, and run production machines in the thousands. Chances are there arent that many people here who have the machines you are considering - unless you are in th graphtec / roland category.

But if your experience will require lots of after purchase support, ( connection parameters / pressure do I need?) do not buy MH, SC, etc.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Jeremiah, I will be nice here. I have been involved with vinyl cutters for over 12 years. I have owned the bottom units ( MH) all the way to summa. That particular websites majority of contributors are people who have owned / own the machines you are considering.You will find problems, issues questions and problems solved.

But if your experience will require lots of after purchase support, ( connection parameters / pressure do I need?) do not buy MH, SC, etc.
you should always be nice. There is no reason not to be !