• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

US Cutter Plotters

Anyone have an opinion on the US Cutter Plotters?

I'm looking for a 48" plotter that can accurately pen plot and occasionally cut vinyl. I don't do a whole lot of vinyl cutting because it's not my area of the industry other than maybe cut vinyl for channel letter faces, more interested in making patterns for signs. I notice they have 3 versions along with some other makes for under 1k.

Any good, will it do, or is it just inaccurate Chinese junk that will skew my patterns?

Thanks

I agree. When I first started cutting vinyl 3 years ago I bought the Copam CP2500. It was supposed to be professional grade. I never had anything but trouble with it and next to the Zen Cut Black I beleive they claim it to be their best off brand cutter.

My advice is buy a Graphtec or Roland and you will thank me later no matter how much you will be using it.

joshGN

I have a Panther(signwarehouse's version of the ZenCut)...Its been very good to me, I have no complaints.

I have three of the us cutter p cuts and I havent had any problems with them. I also have a high end roland and on most of the stuff only thing I notice is on the long runs the roland tracks better. I have read a lot of people having problems with the uscutter plotters but I honestly think its what batch you get lol.

I have a panther too, a 24" version with never any issues. But tired of making seams for patterns. Maybe i'll look at the Zen if that's the same thing.

401Graphics

no chinese crap.
However my old 32" Master cutter eventually paid for my mutoh 1204, and graphtec fc-8000. But it limped the whole way. I still have it in storage.

CP Signs

Lol. Cleaned my storage over the holidays. Found my Master 380p. Gave it to my friend. Still works, lol.