• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

US TECH AK 55 help

BSL Graphix

I have a us tech ak-55 laminator. I'm new to laminating and am looking for some advice, help, tips as far as set up and care for the machine. I've used the machine a little with success, but have also had some issues from time to time with "wave like" wrinkles. Are there any tips on setting up the tension knobs? I'm kind of guessing. It seems like it works best when initially install the roll of laminate. ( I feed it through with a 55" wide piece of cardboard.). I was told its best to raise the roller when done for the day. The next day I lower roller, then the lam wants to wrinkle-wave really bad. I end up re-feeding the laminator with cardboard again. thanks!

rjssigns

Find the issue of WRAPS magazine with the blue VW on the front. Lots of good tips regarding lamination.

The other thing to remember is laminating is an art not science. You will have to get used to the way your machine runs. You will not bend it to your will.

It took me a long while to figure out my RS.

Salmoneye

When you lower the rollers you have to have someone holding a nice steady even tension on the film from the backside of the laminator so that there are no wrinkles visible on the feed side.

FatCat

When you lower the rollers you have to have someone holding a nice steady even tension on the film from the backside of the laminator so that there are no wrinkles visible on the feed side.

Yes, I have the AK-600 and what works for me is to stick the leading edge of the laminate down on the back edge/corner of the laminator frame. Then I slowly lower the top roller - making sure to do it as evenly as possible. (If you lower the right all the way and then try to lower the left, you'll have problems.) I go all the way down to where there is barely a sliver of light shining between the rollers. Then make 1/2 turns each side until the pressure is off the knobs and they spin loosely. I don't ever tighten the knobs, the weight of the roller is enough.