• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USB adapters

L Town Graphics

My old computer finally went three days ago. Today I purchased the usb to parallel and to serial adaptors. I installed, went to the gerber website downloaded and installed the drivers from there and I keep getting the error message that it cannot read the spool file. WTF do I do to remdey this? I have several jobs backing up that I need to get moving on pronto! any help is much appreciated

rfulford

I have my envision running with a Manhatten USB to serial adapter and a regular serial cable with a null modem adapter attached. I do not have an Edge but it probably needs a null modem cable as well? Are you running with the same cables as before?

L Town Graphics

I have my envision running with a Manhatten USB to serial adapter and a regular serial cable with a null modem adapter attached. I do not have an Edge but it probably needs a null modem cable as well? Are you running with the same cables as before?

The previous computer had both a serial and printer port so thats all i had to do was connect. I have attepmted on my gateway all in one to get up and running with the usb adaptors but I was getting the error message with it, both printer and plotter. I have another tower that i tried and the plotter works fine, the printer however left me with the same error message. I even went as far as trying my wifes old laptop from college, has a printer port which allowed me to print the two jobs I needed to get done tonight then moved everything to the other computer the plotter worked from and cut it there, the usb adapters wouldnt work on her comp as well. something isnt right somewhere thats for sure! the sad part of all of this is that you cannot find a computer now that has both ports. everything is usb....