• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USB to Ethernet Adapter

Donny7833

Is anyone using or have experience with a USB to Ethernet adapter? Any issues to be aware of? New Seiko M is USB only. I would like to have the flexibility of putting it a reasonable distance from the RIP.

Thanks, Don

graphicwarning

I bought a USB to ethernet for my Roland cutter, it was about 12 feet from the PC, and I didn't want to try and find a USB cable to work. I think I got it from newegg or amazon... one or the other. Anyway, at the time, the only thing I had around was a 50ft. Cat5 cable... so I plugged it in. I guess it's still there? hahaha

Works fine... never encountered an issue.

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
I think i know what the problem might be.... CP Manager, which is the program that communicates with the printer, wont be able to update printer setting properly. CP Manager enables the operator to set all maintenance, materials, and calibration settings from your desktop.

I sure hope the network adapter works though.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If that's the case you could always use a powered usb extender that converts to cat5 and then back to usb. I have used one up to 500' with no issues.

phototec

Not exactly what the thread is about, but when I installed my Roland printer I wanted it on the other side of the room from my computer so I needed to run a 50' CAT5 cable in the wall behind the computer, up over the ceiling and down the other wall (didn't want the cable on the floor).

I also wanted to install wall jacks, so it would be easy to move equipment if needed, I installed the two standard CAT5 wall jacks into the walls and used the 50' CAT5 cable to run between the two wall jacks (in the walls and ceiling). A standard short CAT5 cable from the printer to the wall jack, and on the other end from computer to the wall jack, I had to use a short CROSSOVER CAT5 cable.

It's been working fine for years now, and I have been told (by the electronics store guy) that I could run the CAT5 cable between the jacks 100's of feet if I needed to!

Just thought someone new might benefit from this info.....

:smile:

Donny7833

I think i know what the problem might be.... CP Manager, which is the program that communicates with the printer, wont be able to update printer setting properly. CP Manager enables the operator to set all maintenance, materials, and calibration settings from your desktop.

I sure hope the network adapter works though.

That's a good point. I haven't tried an adapter yet, but I'll keep you posted.