• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used JV5-160S

M@CK

So I'm being offered a supposedly lightly used JV5 for 10k.

The company selling it, has it in their demo room for about 2 years and now just want to get rid of it. Supposably all the heads are bran new and it runs perfect.

I know wen i bought my used JV3 from an other vendor they did a printer statistic print out
showing how many hours the machine had run and so on.

Is their anything I should look out for on a JV5 ?
How can I get the printer info page to print ?

Thanks for the help, I really need a second printer.

inkmed

This offer is more or less ok if they can bear the freight to your printing room.
But as our experience, JV5 is not a good choice, JV33 is better.
You can get their information from many web page.

JV5 have to use original JV5 head, they have 4 pc head. What is cost of printer head?
JV33 only need one head and DX5 head is acceptable, cost of printer head is lower.
Advantage of JV5 is fast, but sometimes the printed media was taked up when they not dry.

So, JV33 is better choice than JV5. Just my experience.

Adam from Inkmed

M@CK

Hey Inkmed, thanks for your input on this printer.
Quick question, were you using SS inks or HS ?

ChicagoGraphics

I'd take the JV5 over a JV33 any day and I would use the HS ink set or set it up with a bulk ink system.

If you can't afford the parts for any printer, then maybe you shouldn't have a printer at all.

inkmed

to M@CK, use HS ink

to ChicagoGraphics,
just compare JV5 with JV33.
we will glad to afford JV5 high part cost if they are 100% advantage.
But 4 fast printer head make the media hard to dey before they were taked up, it is a problem. So, we prefer JV33 to JV5.

Adam Yang from Inkmed