• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used laminator's?????

thesledhead

I know I do not post much here but you guys always lead me in the right direction, we are in the market for a news'ed laminator and there are two in my area for sale. I was wondering if I could get a little feedback from you guys on both of them and maybe a little knowledge of what to lookout for when I go to check them out.

the first one is a Contech sm2-48

and the second is a GBC Falcon that is 48" as well, this one is considerably cheaper in fact so cheap it kind of concerns me.

thanks, any input will help.

threeputt

I'm not an expert here but it seems to me that the single most expensive component in a laminator is the rollers. If they are worn unevenly, or excessively then I would stay away from the purchase. One thing you can do, and probably should do, is see it laminate some prints you've brought along. Probably have to bring some laminate too for that matter.

That way you can see how easily it is to web up, or change out rolls of laminate.

thesledhead

I'm not an expert here but it seems to me that the single most expensive component in a laminator is the rollers. If they are worn unevenly, or excessively then I would stay away from the purchase. One thing you can do, and probably should do, is see it laminate some prints you've brought along. Probably have to bring some laminate too for that matter.

That way you can see how easily it is to web up, or change out rolls of laminate.

that helps. Thank you.

MrSalumi

SEAL!

Spend the money now if you can afford it. You will never have a problem with it and will be able to sell it anytime you want to. Kind of like buying a Mastercraft boat... Well before they started price gouging...