• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Latex 360

prosigner

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a second printer. I've been printing off the Roland XR640. Just recently we had a crap ton of problems with it all at once and we were down and out for 2 weeks. The shop can't afford to be down that long again so we're in the market for a backup printer. I think we're going with the Latex 360. We don't mind eco-solv but wanna try latex out on the new printer and see what we prefer. We don't really have a need for the newer 370. The extra large inks are nice but not worth the extra 8-9k.

The reseller in Canada gave us a quote for a used 360 for 15k. What do you guys think? Good price?

Is it sketchy to buy used? What would you guys recommend?

We could go new but thought it might be best to save the money for some rip software and extra computer etc.

Snydo

Unless the used one has very little sq. feet through it, and still under factory warranty...I wouldn't even consider it. The first service call could make up the difference in price for a new one.

As for rip software look into Flexi cloud, for a few bucks a day it gets the job done.

player

Flexi Cloud means you never EVER stop paying. The moment you do, your entire business history is gone. You cannot open your old files.

prosigner

Unless the used one has very little sq. feet through it, and still under factory warranty...I wouldn't even consider it. The first service call could make up the difference in price for a new one.

As for rip software look into Flexi cloud, for a few bucks a day it gets the job done.

You have to pay monthly? Not a one time fee?

Snydo

You have to pay monthly? Not a one time fee?

I believe you have the option to outright buy a full version once again, there are several merchant members on here that could tell you for sure.
Otherwise, its $50 US a month for 12 month commitment, or $60 a month for month to month.

As for losing your 'entire business history', if you are capable of exporting files in any number of other formats before your subscription expires you will be fine.

Bly

If they can give you a warranty go for it.
They are great production machines with the ability to profile media easily.
Very little not like about the 360s. We have two.