• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used name brand or New offbrand Laminator?

rdmdarr

I am needing a laminator, and I am torn between a slightly used Seal 62 Ultra C plus or a USTech MVT-600. I can get the used Seal for 2000 or the UStech for roughly 2500. The Seals rollers are I think 3" diam. and the UStech's are 5" diam. If I am not mistaken the Seal does have a takeup and the UStech does not. The guy I am buying it from is going to have the local Seal Technician look at it before he sells it. The UStech does look very well built to the this model Seal looks flimsy.

So do I go with a older brand name laminator or do I go with a new Chinese offbrand? Can people who have owned either of these give me the cons of what they had to deal with when they have used it.

IMAG0721.jpg

mvt6001200.jpg

mpn

We use a GBC Titan and needed more capacity, and for the jobs it will be used for the US Tech fit the ticket. It seems to be a heavy built machine for the money.

rdmdarr

How can you even compare GFP to this two. GFP costs well over $6K.

Yea I am with him, trying to stay under 3 grand. Really want the Seal but I think I just have been brainwashed into thinking its better because of the "name." I know some people on here really love their UStech laminators.

TDFcustomSL

I have a US Tech and it is my first laminator. I had never even used one before I bought this one. I have had only ONE issue with the machine itself and a few user errors. The issue with the machine was the speed control unit went out, I called US Tech and they shipped out a replacement that day, had it back up and running in 2 days. The 3 year warranty is nice and they are easy to deal with.

rturner381

NEW equals warranty. USED equals no warranty. It sounds like US Tech will stand behind their equipment and make good. Your learning curve will probably co$t you a few prints early on. Ask US Tech about the Take-UP. Long print runs going through the laminator, all over the less than clean shop floor will drive you to drink.

JgS

It's a good price for the Seal but I would still go with the ustech. But get the take up reel. You'll be glad you did.