• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Printhead Storage?

Dukenukem117

If I wanted to switch to a new printhead for overnight printing so that there's minimal chance that it will have errors and I won't be around to catch it, then whats the best way to store the used one? I saw one HP video about cleaning it with distilled water, so would putting it in a tupperware with the head submerged in distilled water be a good way to keep it from drying out and clogging?

Split76

I always have 2 extra heads / each, if it needs changing, why should you keep the shitty one in storage? Price is so low that atleast i don't bother.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Just save the caps off the new one and the tray, store upright in a sealed ziplock bag. When you reinsert wipe the ribbon base with some denatured alcohol on a lint free cloth shake well and insert.

We have done it many times it works great. Make sure to do a full head cleaning and color calibration.

Dukenukem117

Just save the caps off the new one and the tray, store upright in a sealed ziplock bag. When you reinsert wipe the ribbon base with some denatured alcohol on a lint free cloth shake well and insert.

We have done it many times it works great. Make sure to do a full head cleaning and color calibration.

Since our primary material is mesh, I've been using another roll of media for realigning the printheads. I wonder if I should use it for calibration too.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes, try to find the closest white point solid material. Mesh and perforated can cause issues with calibration, the same goes with reflective media's as the embedded i1 isn't full featured and doesn't have a reflected light cut.