• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

User to user question about jv33-160(bs)

alphajoles

Our company just recently acquired JV33-160(BS) tho it's out in the market for quite a long time

I just have a few question regarding the operation and maintenance of this machine, answers based from your experiences is truly helpful!

1) During a technical difficulty do you call? Your Supplier for technical support or refer to "JV33 BIBLE" instead?

2) I have a monthly maintenance(Washing Liquid(x2), Wiper, Damper, Solution Kit) which sums up to $110-$120/month(Quoted by supplier)

3) Auto-cleaning is set to every 4hrs(Set by supplier)

Please let me know your opinions, or there might be some procedures which is not necessary esp. with the maintenance.

Thank you!

Vinylman

Maintenance issue

I have had my JV-33 160 for over 5 years. After the first several service calls to the original supplier of my machine, I CHOSE to learn as much as possible about maintaining my own equipment, through reading and asking questions on several forums I have become somewhat astute @ repairing my own equipment.

1) During a technical difficulty do you call? Your Supplier for technical support or refer to "JV33 BIBLE" instead?
I refer to the JV33 Bible, and post individual questions when stumped Here on Signs 101.

2) I have a monthly maintenance(Washing Liquid(x2), Wiper, Damper, Solution Kit) which sums up to $110-$120/month(Quoted by supplier)

In my opinion this is totally BOGUS. The supplier is trying to make you buy supplies from them that are totally unnecessary.

3) Auto-cleaning is set to every 4hrs(Set by supplier)

Ridiculous: You can reset the auto clean to run once per day, or almost any other period of time YOU determine. The cleaning cycle should be determined by YOUR SHOPS usual usage of the equipment. NOT some arbitrary cleaning cycle that is wasting your inks and cleaning solution IF the cycle set by the supplier is not geared to YOUR SHOP situation. REMEMBER, the supplier makes MONEY on YOUR CONSUMPTION OF THEIR SUPPLIES>.

Do a SEARCH here on Signs 101, regarding the JV33, you will find DAYS worth of reading that will answer many of your general questions, and you will become familiar with some of the knowledgeable people here who can help you figure out many of the common problems you may encounter.

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS SITE IS A COMMUNITY! You come here for answers, BUT You can also help others as you grow in your knowledge. Be a GIVER as well as a taker. The entire community will be enriched when YOU give back.

Have a great day.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You do not need to change the wiper and dampers every month. Wipers you change when they become warped or damaged or every 6 months or so. Dampers are a once a year type of thing and many people go way longer than that. You will not go through 2 bottles of cleaning solution per month. Your automatic cleaning function is set way too low and should be at least 8 hours if you don't want to waste a ton of ink.

It sounds like your supplier sets these machines up to give the most potential for residual sales but not necessarily in your best interest. I would check to see if they also set the machine to run a cleaning cycle before and during the print. Listen to the printer on your next print. Does it clean before it prints and then stops half way through a print to run another cleaning? If so, turn it off. There is absolutely no need for those cleanings except in very rare cases.

alphajoles

@Vinylman

I appreciate your willingness to share your experience with the printer!

@VanderJ

Thank you too for the advice

It's really a great help, esp. when you want to maximize profit. Looking forward to be a contributor to this site