• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Adhesion Promoter

Kustom X

We are using AP3155 adhesion promoter on some large 1/2" acrylic panels. I was wondering if we could do 2 passes (1st pass with cmyk, 2 pass flood print with white) or if I have to print cmyk and white in 1 pass? Does the adhesion promoter actually fully cure under the UV light on the first pass or can I run that second pass and be alright? I ask because to print in 2 separate passes saves about 45 min per panel than if I was to print in 1 pass saving a total of 3hrs. Here are the separate breakdowns using standard quality on Roland LEJ. 2 passes: cmyk 59 min, flood cold white 105 min. 1 pass: 207 min. One more quick question. Why does it take longer to print 1 single pass?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
No idea why it takes longer to print single pass, but it's no issue to print 2 passes. The first layer will adhere to the adhesion promoter and the second layer will adhere to the first layer. The inks should bond together as good or better than to the adhesion layer.

Kustom X

There are some areas that either have no cmyk or very little, such as the clouds in the sky or light skin tones.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
It should be fine... our adhesion promoters advise to dry for at least 10 mins before printing anyway. One of our techs advised that you could run a blank job to get the lamps to cure the promoter before printing as well, so that fits the theory.