• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Graphtec Fc8600 over network with caldera

Makproductions06

I'm looking to hook up my Graphtec FC8600 over the network to work with Caldera so that I don't have to keep switching my usb cable everytime I want to blind cut something from illustrator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm sure there is someone on here with experience in Caldera to set that up but an easier solution might be to get a USB switcher. One of my customer's use one and he just flips a switch by the computer when he wants to change the USB cable over. It's not the exact solution you are looking for but could help.

Makproductions06

Solved

Thanks for the Reply. I got a hold of Caldera and they were able to set it up for me... Here is how they did it.

Step 1: Go to your page setup window and navigate to the cutting tab. check enable cutting contour, hit configure, select your cutter and hit edit. If you haven't set up your cutter on the network before, it should say localhost under the hostname. Change localhost to the ip address of your cutter.

Step 2: Open Visual Cut. In the bottom left you will see the connection settings. Change the type to RawIP and then enter your IP address again in the Host box.

Thats it.

a77

Caldera 9.x and FC8000 on my setup.
Network did not work for me.. It works for short jobs but when I had a longer cut job, it would stop part-way. Very hard to figure out what was the issue. Caldera support just shrugged their shoulders. I don't think it was a problem with the network, as we do also use the Cutting Master plugin in Illustrator and it runs flawless over the network, even with really long cut jobs (real intricate stuff that takes 15+ minutes to cut).

I gave up and just got a long USB cable to make it work with Caldera. I still have it hooked up with ethernet as well so another computer can send cut jobs through Cutting Master.

Hope it works for you, but if you run into problems, you might want to look into the job length and see if you have the same issue.